Search Unity

Games Crimson space - mobile space strategy

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by SoftwareWorkshop, Nov 19, 2018.

1. SoftwareWorkshop

SoftwareWorkshop

Hi all

I just wanted to quickly introduce you to the new game I started to work on recently. It's still early stage, and it basically started as a break from the fantasy RPG project that I'm also working on. I needed to take a break from making the levels so I started to do some prototype of the navigation in 3d space. And then I kept adding new things and since I've already had some game ideas that would make use of that I then adapted the code to fit the game idea that I had.

Here is some quick movie recorded yesterday. The UI is a work in progress. The selection on player ships display some info about the ship, like shields, hull and power, but I will probably change it to something more subtle. The selection on the enemy ship is a old one, and it will probably also be changed. The U layout will probably more less stay the same - which is in left bottom is the player ship and menu and in the upper right is related to enemy ship and actions.

What is currently implemented is basic dogfight, maneuvers, lasers, sending the marines to board the enemy ship (can be seen on the movie), concentrate the fire power on one enemy, sending the fighters to attack one enemy, power up the shields/engines/firepower. I also have working shields along with regeneration. You can see when lasers hit shields or hull because they do have a different effects.
    I also started to work on some basic on board fight. You can move your marines around the enemy ship, shoot the enemy but that's all for now.

The game will have different types of missions as you progress with the story, but I would also like to add some random encounters as part of the game. However I haven't decided yet.

2. SoftwareWorkshop

SoftwareWorkshop

Hi,

Short update on the current status of work. I have been mostly working on the gameplay so there is not much visual changes. The energy consumption by engines, shields and weapons has been implemented, the power generation has been implemented. A shield distrupting weapons has been added.
    Also I've worked quite a lot on the boarding part and now it is actually usable. The boarding party can fight their way to the weapon control or shield control and turn it off (can be seen on the attached video). Also different troop types were implemented.
    The next steps are to implement boarding from more than one ship and also boarding more than one ship at the same time. And then I will probably work a little bit on ship captains and different bonuses they can bring. Also the upgrade process needs to be finished.

Screenshot_20190330-214007.png

Screenshot_20190409-093200.png

Screenshot_20190409-093417.png

Screenshot_20190409-093359.png

Screenshot_20190409-093519.png

RavenOfCode and JFI66 like this.