Search Unity

1. Unity 2019.1 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice

CREST - Open Source Unity Ocean Renderer

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JamesArndt, Aug 30, 2018.

1. Mauri

Mauri

2. FirstTimeCreator

FirstTimeCreator

Yes but i dont want a reflection, I want the surface of the mesh lit via the shader with both point and spot lights.

It should be possible for them to implement this because the ocean surface is physical with a material and surface shader.

Using a reflection isnt good enough nor is it realistic enough. I want the ocean to be lit by things such as a light house light as well as lights on the boats such as headlamps and lighting around the boats exterior.

I'm going to post something pretty soon that is going to blow your mind ;).

Within the next few days. What I will post will be one of the coolest things you have seen using this asset.

3. FirstTimeCreator

FirstTimeCreator

It's a shame this wasn't made with shader graph or amplify - then I would probably be able to add the lighting in myself.

Unfortunately my skill with editing shaders manually isn't up to par for a task like this with a shader this complex.

Eh Im going to see if I can dig into their surface shader and see what I can come up with. Honestly it shouldn't be to difficult to implement basic light support for point lights on the foam as well as the surface.

Honestly not sure why they didn't think of this when they made the shader.

Last edited: May 15, 2019
  4. FirstTimeCreator

FirstTimeCreator

Well I now know for a fact it is possible, I have it working with lights hitting the surface by modifying the shader, now the only issue is its only rendering where the light is hitting the surface.

This is probably going to take me abit but by golly, Im going to figure it out.

5. FirstTimeCreator

FirstTimeCreator

Well... shucks.

This ocean system is using a Frag/Vert shader. So I am doing some research into how to add a lighting model to it.

https://www.alanzucconi.com/2015/07/01/vertex-and-fragment-shaders-in-unity3d/

Vincent13122 likes this.
  6. blogsabout

blogsabout

Have anyone experienced that your ocean turns pink when opening the file after it has been closed down?
    It was looking so gorgeous and I can see the settings are the same and enabled...but now pink?