Search Unity

Creator Kits not working.

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by TwistedCat, Jan 16, 2020.

1. TwistedCat

TwistedCat

I'm new to unity and game making in general, so i was very happy about the creator kits. I opened up the puzzle one, and like 500 errors appear in the console. I open up the FPS one, same thing. (invalid scripts, and stuff like that) Is there any way to fix this?

Edit: the same thing happened with Begginer Code

Last edited: Jan 16, 2020
  2. JoeStrout

JoeStrout

Looks like you've learned (or shortly will learn) something important already: when asking for help, be specific. Nobody can help you with error messages if you don't show what the error messages are.

You can copy/paste the first error from the Console, or you can post a screenshot showing the first several errors. Either works.

3. TwistedCat

TwistedCat

ok here:
    some screenshots from the FPS one:

before doing anything: https://imgur.com/a/I28poDu

after selecting ExampleScene and playing: https://imgur.com/a/nJ0Au6w (after some time the ones at the beggining appear too)

also i can't move, look around and don't have the gun and can't do anything really when i play and when i look at the codes they're fine but for some reason aren't valid

4. JoeStrout

JoeStrout

OK, the "has no metafile" errors are not real errors. They're gripes, and certainly something Unity should fix, but harmless. Same for all those warnings that appear in the first screen shot.

Click the Clear button at the top of the console window, and those should go away. Any real errors will remain. Are there any of those?

Conversely, the "referenced script is missing" warnings indicate real problems. Probably this means that you somehow loaded the scene before all the scripts were imported, or something. That's going to cause things to not work in the example scenes, though if your plan is to follow the tutorial and assemble things yourself, that will work fine.

Unity's gotten a bit rough in this way in recent years... but bear with it, it's still the best tool around (unless you want an easy way to learn 2D game development, in which case, ask me how! :D )

5. TwistedCat

TwistedCat

ok so i opened a new scene, placed the brain room and a germ slime (like the tutorial says) and when i wanted to add the target script it said that the class name and the script name don't match even tho they do, and i don't know what to do...

6. Valjuin

Valjuin

This is how the creator kit should work:

When you create a new scene, one room (the brain room) is already included in that scene. Also, when you add the GermSlimeTarget prefab to the scene, the Target (Script) component is automatically added to the Inspector.

Try starting from scratch by opening a new Creator Kit: FPS project.

7. TwistedCat

TwistedCat

Well that's the problem. I've tried reopenening and reinstalling the Project. Even redownloaded Unity and put it into disk D instead of C and the script's still aren't loading correctly.

8. Bill_Martini

Bill_Martini

Are you sure you are using the proper Unity version for the Creator Kits? If you are using the wrong version, that would explain all your issues.

9. Valjuin

Valjuin

You could also try the following:

Unity Hub -> Down arrow next to the “New” button -> Select recommended Unity version 2019.1 - 2019.2.

Select 3D Template -> Name your project and enter location to save to -> Click on Create

In Unity main menu -> Window -> Asset Store

In Asset Store window, search for Creator Kit: FPS

Click on Creator Kit: FPS -> Import

When Import Unity Package window opens, click on Import.

cnguzx and Joe-Censored like this.
  10. TwistedCat

TwistedCat

OMG IT WORKED THANK U SO MUCH!!

Joe-Censored, Valjuin and JoeStrout like this.
  11. wzpr_

wzpr_

Hi there... just starting with Unity and thought: "Oh wait! What he says could actually still work!" - Well: "The Asset Store has moved." - So going kinda back to a version that supports the kits and open it up that way, won't work.

I tried the kits... didn't work... so... Well... Seems Unity doesn't like Newbies.