Search Unity

Creating pop up window in unity

Discussion in 'Immediate Mode GUI (IMGUI)' started by jaycee09, Aug 11, 2010.

1. jaycee09

jaycee09

Hi,

A quick question.

Does any body know the syntax for creating a pop up window. I basically want to have a small button on top left corner of my screen which when clicked, pops up a small window that shows all the different resources the player is left with. I want this window to stick out on top of my current scene and go off when i press an esc button.

Thanks!

2. rouhee

rouhee

3. jaycee09

jaycee09

yeah that was the first thing i wanted to do and i later figured out how to do it with GUI.window. But now, I want to pretty up the way it should appear over the scene. For instance, instead of just appearing from no where, i would like it to pop-out from a location and the window quickly grows to its size (or any interesting animation effect).....i just don;t know if it's possible in unity.

Any help here?

Thanks!

4. AkilaeTribe

AkilaeTribe

Some kind of Lerp applied to the Rect of the GUI.Window. Some effect like window taskbar ? I think it is not impossible...

5. Maker16

Maker16

Yeah. I would think if you set the size of the window Rect when it is fully openned, and then use a Lerp-ed scalar value on that Rect, that would essentially do what you want.