Search Unity

Creating AssetBundles takes forever

Discussion in 'Addressables' started by MNNoxMortem, Dec 19, 2018.

1. MNNoxMortem

MNNoxMortem

Making a windows x64 build with the same scenes & assets takes maybe 20 minutes. However, I am building the bundles for the Adressable Asset System and it is already running for 120 minutes on 100% CPU and 18GB RAM. What the hell is he doing there, that he is not when I just make a build and why does it take that much longer.

The dialog says
    upload_2018-12-19_15-21-34.png
    and that it does for already almost the full time of said 2 hours.

How can I speed up this process and will this even finish at all?

2. unity_bill

unity_bill

We've tested a lot of large user projects, and found that the initial build usually takes slightly longer (in the ballpark of 10-20%), but subsequent builds are significantly faster. Sounds like you may have a case that we missed.

Please file a Unity bug and post the case number here.

3. MNNoxMortem

MNNoxMortem

@unity_bill Can't reproduce this particular bug at the moment but I will have to file a number of bug reports anyway (the content update worklfow does not work AT ALL in our project, followed the L.A video twice and it does not do ANY of the proposed things) and then will make a copy of the project to upload it.

I killed the task and the addressable asset system was completly broken after that. Was not able to build any bundle anymore. Removed the package, removed all settings, set up all groups again and then it worked.

Killed the task because there seems to be some infinite loop problem. Collegue let it run a whole day and it never finished (last monday some version <0.5)