Search Unity

Creating and Storing an XML in Metro 8 x86

Discussion in 'Windows' started by PlayMagicLtd, Jul 26, 2013.

1. PlayMagicLtd

PlayMagicLtd

Hi,
    We are replacing our File iO Load and Save system (Scores, Achievements etc) because we cannot use the hashtables etc.

Who was able to create a working Load and Save method for Metro?

Can someone share the code so we can understand?

We are close to our deadline and every help would be much appreciated!!!

2. tswalk

tswalk

3. Coderdood

Coderdood

From IsolatedStored documentation linked:

I'm also looking for a proper Load / Save method for Windows Store as the Windows.Storage namespace seems inaccessible from Unity.

4. tswalk

tswalk

5. Lexustio

Lexustio

Any news on this front? Haven't yet found a way to write data to local storage via unity.

6. gennen

gennen

I'm running into the same thing. If anyone has a solid way to Serialize and Save in metro apps it would be a he help.

7. Jule

Jule

Well nothing new on this topic? Is there a way to access Windows 8 assemblies from Unity projects? Or at least to include these projects to the final solution in order to bypass Unity build? Although I regret that I should develop twice if I want to use the Unity Editor.

Actually I have to modify my code blindly with all Intellisense errors, go to Unity, ignoring errors from the Unity Editor (or hiding code in #if UNITY_EDITOR blocks), build the solution praying there is no errors, go to the generated VisualStudio solution, compile and start the solution, realize that I've made a mistake, return to the first Unity solution... and so on.

8. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

A decent solution would be to add a class library as a separate DLL compiled in Visual Studio which include save/load methods. You could call those methods from inside Unity scripts.

9. Jule

Jule

I guess you're right. I'll give it a try.

10. tswalk

tswalk