Search Unity

Resolved Creating anchor in tracked image object

Discussion in 'AR' started by Saphion, Nov 25, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saphion

Saphion

Hi all,

Full disclosure; I'm an artist checking out the capabilities of AR to create immersive works, and my coding ability is very limited! I'm hoping one of you lovely people can help me.

I'm having a look at Image Tracking, having gotten a few sample tests up and running. However, as appears to be the case with many people I'm getting a fair bit of object drifting. In my research I came across this on Google's ARCore Dev site:

"If your image will never move from its initial position (for example, a poster affixed to a wall), you can attach a global anchor to the image to increase tracking stability."
    Does anyone know how I can achieve this? I am unable to find any suitable tutorial on blending Image Tracking with anchors or reference points.

I'm using Unity 2020.2.0b with AR Foundation 4.1.1/ARCore.

HUUUUUGE thank you in advance.

2. TreyK-47

TreyK-47

Unity Technologies

Hey there, @Saphion ! AR Foundation doesn't support this specific case as described in the ARCore documentation referenced.

3. smoop9

smoop9

Hi guys !
    Does anyone know if it's now possible to do that with ARFoundation ?
    Or how to do that with ARCore, i searched few exemples but i didn't found anything.

Thank you in advance !

PedroLazari likes this.
  4. Fangh

Fangh

ARFoundation doesn't support "putting a virtual object somewhere in the real world and stick it in place" ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.