Search Unity

Bug Creating an "Addressable Asset Group Template" doesnt show in create menu.

Discussion in 'Addressables' started by markmozza, Jun 6, 2023.

1. markmozza

markmozza

I am experiencing an issue where the "Addressable Asset Group Template" option is not visible in the create menu of Unity 2021 and 2022 LTS. I have attempted to create several templates, but none of them are showing up in the right-click create menu or the "new" option in the Addressable Groups menu. The only option I see is for packed assets. I have reviewed the documentation, but I cannot find any information regarding what I might be missing.

2. markmozza

markmozza

So the documentation does NOT mention you need to add the new template to the `Addressable Asset Setitngs`. The documentation only says:

Select Group > Packed Asset to create a new group. (If you have created your own Group Templates they are also displayed in the menu.)

3. pillakirsten

pillakirsten

Unity Technologies

markmozza and Wilhelm_LAS like this.
  4. Wilhelm_LAS

Wilhelm_LAS

Hi, as we can create a template wherever we want, will this update will be made?
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/moving-addressableassetsdata-folder.729239/

Also the documentation is forgot to say "You need to insert that newly created Asset Group Template to the list at AddressableAssetSettings named 'Asset Group Templates'."!

Last edited: Jul 29, 2023
    markmozza and DeathPro like this.
  5. DeathPro

DeathPro

I totally agree. New templates that we created need to be there and we need that on the documentation.

AddressablesSettings_GroupTemplates.png

6. DeathPro

DeathPro

But it brings a bug in the Addressable Profiler. I already opened a Post and sent a Bug Report about this. Here is the Issue Tracker.

markmozza and Wilhelm_LAS like this.