Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Creating a VR game

Discussion in 'VR' started by Ethan_wood, Mar 31, 2020.

1. Ethan_wood

Ethan_wood

Hi,
    I am attempting to create a vr game on unity but when I try to export it it says no android SDK found and I do know where it is on my folders so I am very confused please can u help

2. a436t4ataf

a436t4ataf

Unity will only work with a very specific (unsupported!) version of Android that Google now officially tells you not to use and has removed from their servers (!).

Unity has - frustratingly - deleted/destroyed the old Unity installers + access to the Android SDK's in new versions of Unity unless you re-download your Unity installs, and re-install all of them, using the private built-in installer inside the Unity Hub app. (if you download from the Unity website it will not work. I did this a couple of weeks ago with latest Unity - it's outright broken :()

The only solution I could find that actually works today is: install a second copy of your UnityEditor (The whole thing) using the UnityHub. IF you're wondering why you need to install a second copy ... we don't know. But if you're into conspiracy theories: Unity is probably frustrated that not enough developers use Hub (because it's not finished yet, not as good as what it replaces, and the team seems to have declared they won't fix some of it - anything that allows you to work outside the Hub isn't being fixed), and this is a pretty good way to force more developers to use it :).

3. Ethan_wood

Ethan_wood

Ok thanks for the help I will give it a go