Search Unity

Creating a sparking machine, need help

Discussion in 'General Graphics' started by kyeris, May 29, 2023.

1. kyeris

kyeris

so im at my whits end here, ive been trying to set up a puff of sparks coming out of a server with the intent being that it happens periodically, ive manged to get the burst set up now its a case of the it happening every so often. ive tried playing around with the system settings but thats done nothing . am i missing something obvious ive done very little with the particle system before so would apricate some help

2. angrypenguin

angrypenguin

Yes, details. If you want our help we need to know specifically what you've tried, rather than broad descriptions.

Tell us precisely what you've done, what the outcomes were, and how the outcomes were different to what you wanted. Without that information all we can do is either write you a full tutorial to do what we think you want (we're not going to do that), or guess (which sometimes works, but often just wastes everyone's time).

So:
    - Which particle system were you using? (Unity has more than one.)
    - Can you show us the settings? Take a screenshot.
    - Can you show us what it's doing? This could be a screenie with annotations, or a short captured video.
    - Can you show us what you want it to do? Or, at least, clearly describe how it is different from the above?

Ryiah likes this.
  3. kdgalla

kdgalla

Use a script.

I made a similar effect by making a particle system to do a single burst of sparks. Then I just wrote a script to set it off at random times.

4. neginfinity

neginfinity

You do know, that particle systems have .Emit and .Play methods, that you can call, right? Because otherwise I'm not sure what the issue is and need details.

5. zombiegorilla

zombiegorilla

You could also use FX Graph if you want something more complex, but if it is just simple and random, almost ever value can be set to random set, or curve.
    upload_2023-5-30_16-23-9.png
    Give it a random range of lifetime/duration/emission times.