Search Unity

Creating a mobile game like Brawl Stars

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CETERAZz, Mar 31, 2020.

1. CETERAZz

CETERAZz

Hey there!

It will probably be hard to give an exact answer to my question but i'll give it a try. My team and I are currently developing a mobile app for kids that will help to teach them how to use money in the real world. Because our target group is very young (age 7 -12) we want to use gamification to keep them interested. Our goal is to use the learning concept of the app "duolingo" and embed it in a game environment. In the end, we want it to be played like Sims or Habbo but with a style like Brawl Stars. The problem is that we don't have any experience with Unity or other game engines (that's the smallest problem because we have found a developer that can help us).

Now our question is: What do you guys think how much the development of such a mobile game (for example Brawl Stars) will probably cost? Or in other words, what is needed to do it and how complicated will it be?

We hope you can give an answer! Thanks!

2. neginfinity

neginfinity

Can easily take 6-12 months. Or more. Due to polishing phase.

Wikipedia article has information on the game:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brawl_Stars#Development_and_release
    They announced the game in June 2017, and did a "soft launch" in Canada on iOS. Which was their polishing phase.
    They kept polishing for 522 days. The official release happend in December 2018.

So here's your estimate.

CETERAZz likes this.
  3. Divij-manik

Divij-manik

As you mentioned Brawl Stars as an indie Developer I wanted to see how long it would take me to Make the game mechanics all by myself.

3 Months back I started working on this tutorial series for Brawl Stars so I could teach about my workflow for the same

Here's the Playlist -
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLN9kdLNAUCB2gbwZbz1b0kQ4YUPPZ3XRZ

I Agree with @neginfinity Polishing stage can take up lot of time! My main focus was the Coding part instead of the Designing maybe Thats why I could cover up so much

I utilised Free Assets such as Joystick Pack and a Character Model from Mixamo.

At the end of the 4th part to be it felt a lot like Brawl stars The movement was fluid and was easy to play with but of course as a Player The Game Design plays a Huge role to shape the Game And takes up a lot of time.
    At this point it hasn't Quite reached the Brawl stars Standard.