Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Creating a Leaf Shader

Discussion in 'Shader Graph' started by SolarFalcon, Aug 1, 2019.

1. SolarFalcon

SolarFalcon

Hello :)

I've recently entered the world of shaders and I wanted to try to make a shader graph for one of my favorite assets from the Asset Store (https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/3d/environments/fantasy/fantasy-adventure-environment-70354).

I'm attempting to use this with HDRP and I ran into a couple of issues. Firstly, the underside of the leaves is grey in color.

How can I fix this?

Secondly, there is a huge dark circle that appears around the player when walking under the trees. What causes this? I feel as if I'm missing some important knowledge that would help me eliminate this effect.

What I have done: I noticed that what I thought was an Albedo image appears to actually be a map, so I plugged that into the relevant parts with multiply nodes to tweak the values. I also have an alpha clip threshold vector 1 that can be changed. This helps a little with the overall effect, but I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction to achieve a better look. I also have a Hue Color field multiplied with the Albedo channel to change the colors of the leaves.

I plan to add a wind effect later and I have a general idea of how that should be done, but I'm working on the colors first.