Search Unity

1. We are migrating the Unity Forums to Unity Discussions. On July 12, the Unity Forums will become read-only. On July 15, Unity Discussions will become read-only until July 18, when the new design and the migrated forum contents will go live. Read our full announcement for more information and let us know if you have any questions.

Question Creating a Kinematica ready animation

Discussion in 'Animation Previews' started by JuliusdeBlaaij, Oct 16, 2020.

1. JuliusdeBlaaij

JuliusdeBlaaij

Hello,
    I've been wanting to give Kinematica a try and went straight to play with BHV (Motion Capture files).
    I've read in this thread: https://forum.unity.com/threads/kinematica-adding-animations-retargeting-issues.943116/
    that Unity is working on writing a converter from humanoid animations to generic animations (what Kinematica seems to use, according to the above thread). However, for the mean time, how would anyone go about creating already working animation files?
    upload_2020-10-16_23-58-13.png

As you can see, the Idle animation from the 0.7.0 package is very complex, while my mocap data on the right misses a LOT of bones.
    Any advice would be appreciated, while we're all waiting on a official converter.
    Kind regards,
    Julius