Search Unity

creating a Blend tree breaks animator controller

Discussion in 'Animation' started by subjectZero, Jul 6, 2015.

1. subjectZero

subjectZero

Hey peeps,

when i create a animator controller and drag a animation into animator the transition from one animation to another works fine. but as soon as i create a blend tree i get this error message :
    "
    BlendTree "Blend Tree" in state "Blend Tree" uses default parameter "Blend" which is used by the previewers. Create a new parameter and assign that one instead.
    UnityEditor.DockArea:OnGUI()
    "

and then when i add the motion fields those animations dont work at all and when i play the character goes into the default pose not t-pose which its set to. regardless the point is that blend tress just dont work. im not sure if this is a bug or if im missing a step, but ive followed a couple of tutorials and my own logic says that there must be some sort of bug and the error is not with me.

can anyone assist me asap, im 2 weeks behind schedual because of this silly error.

im using unity 5.1.0f3

i need serious assistance.i cant continue with my project if i can make my characters move.

thank you for your time

2. Baste

Baste

Have you tried doing the thing the error message tells you to do? IE. create a new float parameter, not named "Blend", and set that as the blend tree's blend parameter?

subjectZero likes this.
  3. subjectZero

subjectZero

Thanks for getting back to me.

i looked in the inspector and changed that to match the float parameter and bingo it worked.

Thank you so much for helping me, i can now move on with my project!!!

4. subjectZero

subjectZero

i don't know how i missed that step. thanks again

5. subjectZero

subjectZero

ok now i know why i missed that step - in unity 4 when you create the parameter for your blend tree simultaneous in the inspector that name is automatically assigned. in unity 5 this doesn't happen and you have to manually do this process.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2015
  6. ponggo

ponggo

When I had the same problem it gave me this:
    BlendTree "Blend Tree" in state "Blend Tree" uses parameter "Blend" which is not float type.

I'm using version 5.1.2f1 personal and no other float types work. Please reply asap

7. Baste

Baste

I'm not getting paid for this. I'm a community member. "Please reply asap" is the best way to ensure that you don't get any answers, and that people will remember your name and not help you in the future.

Don't do that.