Search Unity

Creating 2D.3D RPG based on British game show Knightmare

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by RichAllen2023, Feb 25, 2018.

1. RichAllen2023

RichAllen2023

Would this be doable?

What I'd like to try with my friend at my course who's a Unity guru, is an RPG based on British show from the late 80's called Knightmare, would include a 3 level "Dungeon" with lots of rooms and traps and Spells and stuff set in a magical world.

Like the show itself, the controls would be simple, an option to walk forward or backwards, side step left or right, cast spells, or answer riddles set by various characters including Wall monsters.

I suppose it would be kind of like Dungeon Master on the Atari ST and Amiga.

Several years ago there was a game released on the old 8 bit computers such as the Spectrum and the Commodore 64 based on it, footage of all games and the show itself will be on YouTube., although it may be blocked in North America or Canada because it's from England.

2. methos5k

methos5k

Sorry, what are you asking? :)

3. RichAllen2023

RichAllen2023

Read the OP if you can... I want to create a 2D/3D Role Playing Game based on Knightmare.

Website I linked to is down, Google is your friend.

4. methos5k

methos5k

Ya, I was .. half kidding. You asked "Is it doable?" Of course it's doable.

5. JoeStrout

JoeStrout

@methos5k is right. I've noticed this is a bit of a pattern, too... @RichAllen2016, you keep coming up with ideas and asking here "is it doable to make a game like this?"

The answer is yes. It's always yes. Unity can make any sort of game, if you are clever enough.

Ryiah likes this.