Search Unity

1. We are migrating the Unity Forums to Unity Discussions. On July 12, the Unity Forums will become read-only. On July 15, Unity Discussions will become read-only until July 18, when the new design and the migrated forum contents will go live. Read our full announcement for more information and let us know if you have any questions.

Video CreateExternalTexture - error - nativeTex can not be null

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by littlstarsunny, Nov 27, 2017.

1. littlstarsunny

littlstarsunny

I recently updated to Unity 2017 and now the following line is failing:

SurfaceTexture = Texture2D.CreateExternalTexture(DEFAULT_SURFACE_WIDTH, DEFAULT_SURFACE_HEIGHT, TextureFormat.RGBA32, true, false, IntPtr.Zero);

The error is: ArgumentException: nativeTex can not be null

So it seems that I can no longer pass IntPtr.Zero as the last argument in CreateExternalTexture.

Does anyone know what I should be doing instead? For context, this is for the Android Platform

Thanks!
    Sunny

2. littlstarsunny

littlstarsunny

I fixed it by creating a texture2d with same attributes and passing it into CreateExternalTexture as a native pointer

Code (CSharp):
    1. Texture2D tex = new Texture2D(DEFAULT_SURFACE_WIDTH, DEFAULT_SURFACE_HEIGHT, TextureFormat.RGBA32, true, false);        
    2. IntPtr texPtr = tex.GetNativeTexturePtr();
    3. SurfaceTexture = Texture2D.CreateExternalTexture(DEFAULT_SURFACE_WIDTH, DEFAULT_SURFACE_HEIGHT, TextureFormat.RGBA32, true, false, texPtr);

3. ZhengzhongSun

ZhengzhongSun

I use Unity 2018.2.0f2, but It seems the unity editor will crash when createExternalTexture.

4. PyroIZO

PyroIZO

Old thread, but same crash on Unity 2019.2.3f1

Does someone have a solution to copy the native pointer from a Texture2D to another ?

5. ajoeldho

ajoeldho

Does anyone have any solution for this?

6. EvgenyVasilyev

EvgenyVasilyev

Crashes in 2019.2.12f1 as well :(