Search Unity

CreateExternalTexture crash (Win10 64, D3D11, Unity 5.2.3f1)

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by JAKJ, Dec 7, 2015.

1. JAKJ

JAKJ

I create a texture in D3D11 on the rendering thread with the following code. (Verified the creation works and the result texture pointer is non-null, function returning S_OK.)

Code (csharp):
    2.   D3D11_TEXTURE2D_DESC TextureDesc ;
    4.    TextureDesc . Width = Target -> Width ;
    5.    TextureDesc . Height = Target -> Height;
    6.    TextureDesc . MipLevels = 1 ;
    7.    TextureDesc . ArraySize = 1 ;
    8.    TextureDesc . Format = DXGI_FORMAT_B8G8R8A8_UNORM ;
    9.    TextureDesc . SampleDesc . Count = 1 ;
    10.    TextureDesc . SampleDesc . Quality = 0 ;
    11.    TextureDesc . Usage = D3D11_USAGE_DEFAULT ;
    12.    TextureDesc . BindFlags = D3D11_BIND_SHADER_RESOURCE | D3D11_BIND_RENDER_TARGET ;
    13.    TextureDesc . CPUAccessFlags = 0 ;
    14.    TextureDesc . MiscFlags = D3D11_RESOURCE_MISC_GDI_COMPATIBLE ;
    16.    ID3D11Device * Device = UnityRenderDevice ( ) ;
    18.    if ( ! Device )
    19.    {
    20.      Log ( "Can't create texture: Device not available." ) ;
    22.      return ;
    23.    }
    25.    if ( Device -> CreateTexture2D ( & TextureDesc , nullptr , & Target -> Texture ) != S_OK )
    26.    {
    27.      Log ( "Can't create texture: CreateTexture2D error." ) ;
    29.      return ;
    30.    }
    32.    if ( Target -> Texture -> QueryInterface < IDXGISurface1 > ( & Target -> Surface ) != S_OK )
    33.    {
    34.      Log ( "Can't create texture: QueryInterface < IDXGISurface1 > error." ) ;
    36.      Target -> Texture -> Release ( ) ;
    38.      Target -> Texture = nullptr ;
    39.    }
    Once I have synchronized with the main thread in C++ and gotten the texture IntPtr back into Unity (verifying it is not IntPtr.Zero), I try to do this:

Code (csharp):
    2. CurrTexture = Texture2D . CreateExternalTexture ( Width , Height , TextureFormat . BGRA32 , false , false , TextureObject ) ;
    This completely crashes (not to the Unity crash screen: Straight to the OS with no error indication at all). I have absolutely no way to get some sort of error code out of this. I have verified with debug statements that every single value is non-null. If I create a normal dummy unity texture instead of trying to use CreateExternalTexture, all of the rest of my code does not crash (but obviously does not use the actual texture I need it to). I have also verified the width/height being supplied are correct: I tried a static 128x128 instead of my supplied values, and it still crashes.

How can I debug this? What could be causing CreateExternalTexture to crash without Unity even able to catch the exception?

2. JAKJ

JAKJ

Sorry, disregard: The Texture2D has to be passed as ID3D11ShaderResourceView created from the ID3D11Texture2D, and then it works fine.

3. Magnumstar

Magnumstar

Try event viewer?