Search Unity

1. Improved Prefab workflow (includes Nested Prefabs!), 2D isometric Tilemap and more! Get the 2018.3 Beta now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Let us know a bit about your interests, and if you'd like to become more directly involved. Take our survey!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

CreateAssetMenu not appearing in Create-menu

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by Pixygon, Jan 13, 2018.

1. Pixygon

Pixygon

I've made several ScriptableObjects, where instances can be created using the Create submenu in the project. This has worked fine the last three months, but now I don't get the menu option at all, for any of my scriptable objects. I've tried deleting and re-downloading the project, edit the scripts to see if it appears again, changing the name of the object in the create menu, but with no luck.
    Is there anyone that have an idea about what could have happened?

2. ExplosiveBarrels

ExplosiveBarrels

This bug is happening to me now too.
    Did you ever find a solution?

EDIT: Actually, nevermind, I solved my particular case. I had switched most of my ScriptableObjects to inherit from the same base class, but that base class was accidentally a MonoBehaviour instead of ScriptableObject, so one quick fix there re-enabled them all.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2018