Search Unity

Create with Code - Love it

Discussion in 'Community Learning & Teaching' started by oleg-ludens, Oct 27, 2019.

1. oleg-ludens

oleg-ludens

I almost completed Create with Code course.

Very happy about it - best course on programming (or any subject actually) I've ever took online or offline.

I love how it taught me to debug projects with Challenges. Also during videos Carl D sometimes makes a natural mistake, sees there's something wrong when he plays the game, and then goes to fix it.

In my experience, hardest part about programming is not creating something but finding all those pesky bugs. This course is great in that aspect.

Structure is great - 3-5 minute video with a recap, clear text instructions before the video so I can see the code without rewinding. Everything is repeated couple times. Different modes of learning - going through step-by-step with the project / debug the challenge by myself / work on my own project / quiz.

Models, particle effects, sounds are simple but feel very good.

Carl D. has charisma and energy. He makes it easy to not drop the course half-way.

Videos look just right - the studio/unity/code, highlights etc. Way better than all the coursera courses.

I really want more tutorials by the team that made this one. Subjects I'm interested in: networking, custom editor tools, particle effects.

Cheers to Carl D. and the team behind this course!

Valjuin, Aurore2 and aasharp like this.
  2. paubel

paubel