Search Unity

Official Create with Code Live - Complimentary 3-month Access on Learn Premium

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by AskCarol, Mar 20, 2020.

1. AskCarol

AskCarol

Unity wants to help support the community! That’s why we’re providing 3 months of complimentary access to Unity Learn Premium and delivering virtual classes through Create with Code Live :)

Register for the live classes starting Monday, March 23: 9 am PT series or 5 pm PT series and come back here to follow along with the course materials and track your progress.

Create with Code is one of our most popular courses that makes learning to code fun through making your own games from scratch in C#. Starting on Monday, March 23, 2020 we are hosting a virtual Create With Code Live series open to students, teachers, and anyone else interested in learning to code.
    • Each weekday from March 23 to May 8, a Unity Certified Instructor will host an hour-long virtual class with live Q&A at 9 am and 5 pm PT. Morning and afternoon sessions will cover the same content - choose the time that fits your schedule, or register for both. Sessions will be recorded and posted in these course pages for those who are unable to attend live.
    • To join the 9 am PT live classes, register here
    • To join the 5 pm PT live classes, register here
    • Between classes, there will be up to 30 minutes of independent work.
    • By the end of this course, you will have foundational skills in Unity, C# computer programming, game design, and development.
    • For students, we recommend applying for the Unity Student plan to make the most of Unity, but this is not required for participation in Create with Code Live. To get set up for the course, please install Unity.
    • Create with Code curriculum is aligned to ISTE Standards for computer science education.

Attached Files:

AlanMattano likes this.
  2. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hi @AskCarol

Thank you to everyone in Unity for allowing us to get their courses for free! :)

There is something that should be done on the Learn page; it's says that the courses would be free for three months, all right but it would be useful if you indcated the date the courses will no longer be free now.

Thank you! :)

3. emidio90

emidio90

i cannot play any video in the unity learn courses

deviousblue likes this.
  4. deviousblue

deviousblue

TLDR: Learning is down (for all intents and purposes).

Learning premium simply doesn't work in chrome but videos will play in firefox and edge.... for up to 3 minutes before buffering indefinitely. Sometimes you can get another 3 minutes eventually after refreshing and waiting a long time.

I really appreciate the gesture of free learning premium but it's too slow to use in any way in its current state. I'm on a hardwired connection to my router, on fiber, tried at various times of day. All other internet traffic is completely normal. Also many other people having the same issue.

I was excited about this but have to wait until they address their load issues, servers are currently not even close to handling it. Maybe something else is horribly wrong server side, I can only guess. Best of luck getting learning back online, I hope to be able to take classes before the free period is over.

5. Deleted User

Deleted User

The current state of the Learn section is recent, it worked perfectly yesterday and the days before. The problem will probably be fixed soon.

6. Nickp2905

Nickp2905

Hi,
    I only found out about the 3-Month Access to Learning Premium on Unity at the end of last month via another web site what a shame !
    Regards,Nick

7. wm-VR

wm-VR

Dear Unity! Since covid 19 isn't over in many parts of the world: is there a chance that you consider to extend the 3 months period?

Never thought that learn premium would teach me so much in the most structured way.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2020
  8. Deleted User

Deleted User

@AskCarol We are now the 22nd of June and Unity Learn is still free but there is no ending date indicated on Unity Learn. I don't want to launch myself into a big learning project if I don't know when the free version will end...

Thank you anyway for all these hours of free learning! :)

AskCarol likes this.
  9. Mauri

Mauri

AskCarol likes this.
  10. Deleted User

Deleted User

Great news indeed! Thank you Unity Technologies! :)

AskCarol likes this.
  11. AskCarol

AskCarol

Thanks @Mauri! Looks like you shared the good news before I did :)

Mauri likes this.
  12. Mauri

Mauri

You're welcome :) I'm sorry, though... didn't meant to steal your task *haha* ^^

13. nikkinemo95

nikkinemo95

I unable to play video...

Last edited: Aug 19, 2020
  14. wm-VR

wm-VR

Try Firefox.
    There are problems when using chrome to play videos.
    Not sure if unity has fixed this problem yet.

15. AIParanavithana

AIParanavithana

Unity Package Manager Diagnostics (v0.1.5)
    ============
    Ran 7 checks
    ============
    2 succeeded
    5 failed
    ============
    ❌ UPM registry reachable (FAIL)
    Make an HTTP request to the UPM package registry
    >> Connection error.

❌ Ping UPM registry (FAIL)
    Measure the latency of the UPM package registry API
    >> No successful pings could be made in 6.344 seconds (3 failed)

❌ Ping UPM download (FAIL)
    Measure the latency of the UPM package download endpoint
    >> No successful pings could be made in 6.541 seconds (3 failed)

❌ UPM registry download speed (FAIL)
    Test the Internet connection using the UPM package registry
    >> Connection error.

❌ Speedtest.net (FAIL)
    Test the Internet connection using Speedtest.net
    >> Connection error.

✅ HTTP proxy environment variables (PASS)
    Detect whether proxy-related environment variables are set (HTTP_PROXY, HTTPS_PROXY, ALL_PROXY, NO_PROXY, UNITY_PROXYSERVER, UNITY_NOPROXY)
    >> Proxy support has been configured through the following environment variables:
    >> UNITY_NOPROXY = localhost,127.0.0.1

✅ UPM health check (PASS)
    Start the UPM process and call its health endpoint
    >> Server start duration: 1078.00 ms
    >> Server response duration: 646.02 ms
    >> Server response:
    >> {"status":"OK","nodeVersion":"v12.2.0","upmVersion":"v3.12.0"}

hello,

this is my Unity Package Manager Diagnostics report.

I've been trying to log into my Unity account through Unity Hub and the Unity Editor, but it won't let me. Sometimes I get a message saying "The server is currently unresponsive" even after I correctly enter my login information on Unity Hub.

The only way for me to log in is through Chrome, and I can't do much with the editor or hub because it requires you to sign in to those to access assets and such.

thank you!