Search Unity

Create with Code 1 tutorial

Discussion in 'Community Learning & Teaching' started by BaronGrimswald, May 13, 2023.

1. BaronGrimswald

BaronGrimswald

Has just jumped from install Unity to suddenly being in something with a Top Menu where there is Assets. I dont see that. I am in Unity Hub and I see Projects, Installs, Learn, Community. thats its. the videos were doing so well then he says "but i wont show u that" and left me in the dust. When I click in explorer to Open 'Unity' it just takes me to the Hub.

2. tleylan

tleylan

I'd suggest that you find another tutorial. One geared to your level of understanding and targeting the sort of app you wish to make. Things named "your first Unity app" (and similar). Get a sense of why you are doing what they ask you to do instead of just pushing buttons for no particular reason.

3. javiluc98

javiluc98

I'm currently in the Player control unit but no one has told me where I can get the project from or if I have to design it myself.

4. tleylan

tleylan

Then I would recommend watching several simple "Introduction to Unity" type tutorial videos. Get to understand the landscape, what is Unity Hub, what is the Unity Editor, what is a project, etc. You should get familiar with terms associated with Unity. Then find "your first Unity app" but again based upon which project type depends upon what you intend to do with Unity.

Consider how many hundreds of thousands of people have been where you are now. We didn't all guess what to do we mostly found documentation or tutorials that walked us through the process in terms we understood. If you are the Player control unit (whatever that is) and nobody is explaining what to do you are following the wrong tutorial.