Search Unity

Create Tile in Unity 2019.2.9f1 - Ruby's Adventure 2D: Beginner

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by PBarone, Oct 28, 2019.

1. PBarone

PBarone

Hello,
    The instructions for Ruby's Adventure 2D Beginner
    (using Unity 2019.2.9f2) say:

Create a New Tile
    The Tilemap doesn’t directly use Sprites, it uses Tiles. To create a new Tile:

1. In the Project window, go to Assets > Art.
    2. Right-click within the folder and select Create > Folder. Call your new folder “Tiles”.

3. Double-click Tiles to open the folder.
    4. Right-click within the folder and select Create > Tile. In the dialog box, call this Tile “FirstTile” and save it.

***When I right-click and select Create>Tile, I can not find "Tile" in the menu. The instructions show "Tile" after "Sprites". I don't see "Tile" in my menu.

2. Deleted User

Deleted User

3. Nivekst

Nivekst

I really hate when you leave out important details. ESPECIALLY IN A BEGINNERS TUTORIAL!!!

4. Nivekst

Nivekst

It's already installed but still not working. I'm about ready to give up on another tutorial. It's a shame that youtube offers better quality tutorials than you. I've lost interest in this one like many others

5. DoNtPaNiC4288

DoNtPaNiC4288

Had same problem. when you get to this point
    "***When I right-click and select Create>Tile, I can not find "Tile" in the menu. The instructions show "Tile" after "Sprites". I don't see "Tile" in my menu."
    Create>2D>Tile Palette>Rectangular
    From here if you already saved the tile.png to your folder you might have issues getting it to work. for me I had to change the texture type to "Sprite (2D and UI). Then when I tried to drag the tile into the "Tile Palette" it showed "No items match your search. While in this window create a file name for your tile and click save. it should create a new tile that you can now drag into the "Tile Palette".
    Late reply but hopefully you/somebody finds this helpful.
    Also make sure your project is in 2d. Edit>Project Settings>Editor - Default Behaviour Mode = 2D

Bogterr and modelost like this.
  6. RichAllen2023

RichAllen2023

Yeah I noticed that as well when I tried the tutorial, no "Tile" option, I'll have another go at some point.

7. survenis

survenis

dudeguy2021 likes this.