Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Create Loading for Tiny

Discussion in 'Project Tiny' started by wakeunity, Sep 22, 2020.

1. wakeunity

wakeunity

Hi, we got a slightly large game size, so it does not load as fast as we would like, the delay is about 5 seconds. Is it possible to somehow make a Loading Scene so that a simple scene with a LoadingProgressBar is loaded first and then a second, heavy scene is loaded?

2. Moopra

Moopra

1.Create HTML Spinner animation on canvas
    2.Edit the function in javascript file
    search for the line with " console.log("WebGL Player Connection opened"); "
    add some code here to hide your spinner.

This is as far as I can get . The Tiny concept didn't have actual progress like WEBGL.

Fotal likes this.
  3. Fotal

Fotal

Thanks, but we do not found any " console.log("WebGL Player Connection opened"); ". Where is it in Wasm build?

4. Fotal

Fotal

Oh, we are found)

5. Fotal

Fotal

Another question. Our game has a 8mb .wasm file, and with slow internet connection (This is Russia), we can't load it fast. Can we separate our parts of game and create loading for example from one Unity Tiny scene to second scene?

6. Moopra

Moopra

I'm not so sure . In the racing example , they do it by put all menus in same scene but difference location.
    You might have to do research on how to change the subscene at runtime.

Can you test by adding some image and set camera to that by default and see if it load fast?

7. Fotal

Fotal

In Russia, we have issues with a low internet connection (not stable 4g), and, for example,TinyRacing can load 10 - 15 seconds, and when loaded, most of the game elements are just white squares). All these 10-15 seconds the game screen is just white, which does not give our player an understanding of what is happening with the game and why it does not load.
    We tested your game on our audience and they also have a long white screen and white squares problem just if they are using mobile internet. Everything works fine with wi-fi.

We are profiled our own UnityTiny Web game and notice that the 8mb .wasm file load Is too slow with this internet connection.

We would like to at least display the process of loading (%) of this .wasm file so that our player sees at least something and does not leave. And also to be sure that when the game is loaded our player will not see the white squares that for some reason didn't load.

You can test this behaviour:
    1. Open incognito mode
    2. Enable mobile internet with "only 3g" option
    3. Open TtinyRacing https://tiny.vision/demos/TinyRacing/Wasm/TinyRacing.html

P.s. I cannot load game properly with my 4g internet, 25 seconds with white squares (((

8. Fotal

Fotal

we tried this and other variants with scenes / sub-scenes order, it didn't help( Or we do it in the wrong way

9. Moopra

Moopra

Sorry for the slow response.
    From your information I have a hypothesis that Tiny game have to load some "Base required" code and asset before the actual game. I face this problem too when I used a slow VPS server. And change to the new server make this problem disappeared.

And as we talk early , Tiny didn't have actual progress like WEBGL . They might change or update this in future but for now I heard they're working hard on other stuffs.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2020