Search Unity

Create faster in Unity with Cache Server v6!

Discussion in 'Cache Server' started by audrey-unity, Jun 15, 2018.

1. audrey-unity

audrey-unity

Unity Technologies

Cache Server makes creating with Unity faster by optimizing the asset-import processes either on your local machine or a dedicated server for teams working in a local area network. Version 6.1 of the Cache Server greatly improves quality and performance and:
    • Ensures that your local Assets are always up-to-date
    • Provides Speed Switching between project targets
    • Shares Asset imports across multiple projects
    Deploy Cache Server to a local machine or on a dedicated LAN server to speed access to your assets and create with Unity faster. Download Cache Server on Github!

Attending Unite Berlin? Come see our talk: Create Faster with Cache Server v6 - Thursday June 21st @ 9:30am in Breakout 4.

Sholz likes this.
  2. audrey-unity

audrey-unity

Unity Technologies

3. XDura

XDura

Hi! I'm currently testing the new cache server.
    As we had an existing project I wanted to use the unity-cache-server- import tool.

when I export it to a file and try to unity-cache-server-import path I get a lot console logs saying that the asset has allready changed (basically for all the assets on the created file).
    NotWorking.PNG

I used unity-cache-server-import -h and found that I can use --no-timestamp-check flag so that it doesnt tries to skip.

It seems to be working right now, I will be tryint several imports today so that I can check if it is really working.

Is this behaviour normal?

Thanks a lot for the tool,

4. Sholz

Sholz

Madam/Team,
    Please I have always seen this cache server thingy but never quite got it ..
    when we download this cache server 6 how do we install it..
    when I read the unity docs...all I saw was to point to a directory of my choice...how does that relate to this zip file?

Thank you

5. Sholz

Sholz

And whats your fb or twitter handle (if u care to tell)