Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Create faster in Unity with Cache Server v6!

Discussion in 'Cache Server' started by audrey-unity, Jun 15, 2018.

1. audrey-unity

audrey-unity

Cache Server makes creating with Unity faster by optimizing the asset-import processes either on your local machine or a dedicated server for teams working in a local area network. Version 6.1 of the Cache Server greatly improves quality and performance and:
    • Ensures that your local Assets are always up-to-date
    • Provides Speed Switching between project targets
    • Shares Asset imports across multiple projects
    Deploy Cache Server to a local machine or on a dedicated LAN server to speed access to your assets and create with Unity faster. Download Cache Server on Github!

Attending Unite Berlin? Come see our talk: Create Faster with Cache Server v6 - Thursday June 21st @ 9:30am in Breakout 4.

Sholz likes this.
  2. audrey-unity

audrey-unity

3. XDura

XDura

Hi! I'm currently testing the new cache server.
    As we had an existing project I wanted to use the unity-cache-server- import tool.

when I export it to a file and try to unity-cache-server-import path I get a lot console logs saying that the asset has allready changed (basically for all the assets on the created file).
    NotWorking.PNG

I used unity-cache-server-import -h and found that I can use --no-timestamp-check flag so that it doesnt tries to skip.

It seems to be working right now, I will be tryint several imports today so that I can check if it is really working.

Is this behaviour normal?

Thanks a lot for the tool,

4. Sholz

Sholz

Madam/Team,
    Please I have always seen this cache server thingy but never quite got it ..
    when we download this cache server 6 how do we install it..
    when I read the unity docs...all I saw was to point to a directory of my choice...how does that relate to this zip file?

Thank you

5. Sholz

Sholz

And whats your fb or twitter handle (if u care to tell)