Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Create audience based on custom game event

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by maciek_fras, Jul 27, 2022.

1. maciek_fras

maciek_fras

Hello,
    Is there a possibility to create audience based on custom game event?
    For example: On start of the game I send bundle ID in Unity Analytics event (I have multiple bundles in one unity project), and I want to use this bundle to create an audience to target and better check my analytics data.

Do you have a solution on that?
    Thanks for help.

2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

How do you select the bundle ID at the start of the game, how does it differentiate players? Are you referring to Audiences as described here https://docs.unity.com/analytics/Audiences.html Also, I want to confirm that you are using UGS Analytics and not legacy Analytics.

3. maciek_fras

maciek_fras

Yes - I mean this audience from link.

For example I have two games : Quiz: Actors(package name: com.example.actors) and Quiz: Movies (package name: com.example.movies). Both are created in this same unity project (but they are differed apk in google play store), so both are connected to this same project in Unity Dashboard.

I looking a way to show in analytics only users from selected package name (so my first idea was to create an audience based on package name). In next step I will use this audience to analyse DAU/MAU/Retention data.

Maybe there is better way on that,(I will be really grateful for any) but all packages using this same logic in diffrend configuration, so I try to avoid create new unity project for each package name.

4. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Do you have this working already, two games with the same ProjectID? Typically each game has it's own Unity project. I'm not sure of our plans to manage and compare two separate games in the dashboard, but I can check. In the meantime, you may need to use two separate dashboards and monitor the usage per game. You could perform SQL queries in SQL Data Explorer in each, and export the data to a common database https://docs.unity.com/analytics/SQLDataExplorer.html

5. maciek_fras

maciek_fras

Yes - everything works fine (remote config, authentication etc. ).

Another solution I came up is to use a custom environment for each bundle in this project (I mean this: https://docs.unity.com/ugs-overview/ServiceEnvironments.html), but I don't know is exist any limit on it in one unity project (there will be a lot of apps with this mechanic so I need to make sure that I don't reach the cap in some point.), But better will be an audience, or any other solution, because players can use right now one account to log in to any of these apps.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2022
  6. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

So you have the exact same Remote Config values for each app? Are you seeing separate events in your dashboard per game and are you able to differentiate each game? Please provide a screenshot.

7. maciek_fras

maciek_fras

I don't implement events yet, but in remote config I have similar parameters for each app based on custom project id . For example: Quiz_Films_TimerTime or Quiz_Books_TimerTime where Quiz_Films and Quiz_Books are this project IDs. Events will work in this same way.

Zrzut ekranu 2022-07-28 o 17.02.20.png

8. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Sorry I don't follow "based on custom projectID". So perhaps there is a little confusion. By ProjectID, I'm talking about the Unity Cloud ProjectID, it's an alpha string of characters that will appear in your Dashboard URLs also, in a format similar to xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx . This Unity-generated unique ProjectID is what associates Remote Config back to the game. If you use Charles Proxy or Fiddler in a network trace, you'll see that the game is sending an initializing request, with this ProjectID, to our servers. In response, we return those dashboard RC settings.