Search Unity

Create a VR iOS Application

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by alserie, Mar 1, 2015.

1. alserie

alserie

Last edited: Mar 1, 2015
  2. greaneagle

greaneagle

Ok, seems like nobody is interested...
    Well I usualy work on android apps and games, but unity makes it super easy to do anything for iOS and VR shouldnt be to difficoult ti implement considering what I read online. So if you are interested hit me up either here in the forums or via email greaneagle@gmail.com A simple walking-horror game shouldnt be to difficoult depending on how the VR is implemented :)

3. mmilne

mmilne

You can use the Durovis Dive plugin https://www.durovis.com/sdk.html to make VR for any mobile device. All it does is sets the left/right cameras and tracks device movement. They one thing it doesn't do is barrel distortion. I've been searching high and low to find a way to add barrel distortion for mobile VR but I haven't seen a solution. I haven't even seen a single app on the app store that does it. I'm told the fish-eye shader will do it, but I'm not sure what parameters to use

4. NGC6543

NGC6543

Have you checked Google Cardboard SDK for Unity? they supports iOS too, and has a resonable performance. I'm developing an app using it and it's quite good.
    I'm dissapointed that native Unity VR API only works for standalone and android(probably gear VR, I guess)...

+ It does barrel distortion, too, but it seems unity itself will do it for you also.

5. Deleted User

Deleted User

I tried it out for a few minutes today and I noticed that not only dose it snap to specific coordinates, it also did not display two renders like it would if you put it on your phone. Once again I haven’t had time to realy play with it. I’m hoping to use it to only track the head, then program a move script to move about in my sean.

Do I also need to download the source code as well for this thing to “work” or is it working the way it was intended?