Search Unity

create a spherical render from unity for using as a background in another 3D application

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by estherau, Mar 21, 2018.

1. estherau

estherau

Hi, I am very new to unity and only use it for one thing. I have been taking screenshots and using them for backgrounds in my comic www.pacefiction.com I have zero programming skills.
    I bought two scenes from the unity asset store in the past - a jungle one and an army base. I merged them together - not well - because i have never used unity before, but the result is okay. i also managed to add a little foliage around the place, and some mountains for the background. The scene is meant to be an army base in the jungle surrounded by mountains.
    Anyway, I would like to make some spherical renders of the scene from different camera angles, so I can use the sphere directly in my 3D software, instead of compositing afterwards in photoshop. I have lots of other HDRI spherical renders that I use in my 3D software by applying the renders to a spherical object and putting my characters inside it, and it works really well. I cannot bring my 3D figures into unity as they have special tooned textures and also it is easier for me to use my own 3D software for posing the characters etc.
    I was wondering if there is a way to do this.
    Kind regards,
    esther

2. mgear

mgear

Mauri likes this.
  3. estherau

estherau

thanks for that. Also i heard that octane V4 will be released soon and works with unity and mac computers.