Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

CRASHNAUTS

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by rxmarccall, Sep 10, 2015.

1. rxmarccall

rxmarccall

Venryx likes this.
  2. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

Hey Marc - game looks exciting, and your ks campaign looks solid also.

Are you looking for feedback, or just promoting?

3. rxmarccall

rxmarccall

Both, feel free to throw feedback at me as well!

4. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

I was just going to mention - for some reason I dont know - the character outlines look a little odd. They are very tiny - not sure why this stood out to me - just thought Id mention it in case it supports other feedback you have received. The outlining on the characters looks like it was drawn at the same scale as the environments - then scaled down a consider amount before importing. Were the characters scaled before import?
    Everything else seems to be pretty incredible looking especially the fx and character controls.

5. orb

orb

I think you mean the opposite - they DON'T stand out! They could use a more defined silhouette.

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  6. Venryx

Venryx

He said "not sure why this [i.e. that the outlines are thin] stood out to me" (as in, the thinness of the outlines made more of a difference than he might have expected it to), not that the outlines stood out in the visual-contrast sense. (not that it really matters, just thought I'd mention it)

Last edited: Sep 12, 2015
    theANMATOR2b likes this.
  7. orb

orb

It was a sort of joke ;)

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  8. Venryx

Venryx

Oh. That makes sense. Was wondering how you could have read his post and completely reversed the understanding of his main point. (then again, some people really do not read carefully...)

In general, though, I've always been kind of naive/not-noticing when people are joking about things.

9. rxmarccall

rxmarccall

Thanks for the feedback guys, yea we are still a little concerned about player visibility in regards to the background. Good to hear your thoughts about the player outline. I'll have to ask our artist about some of that.

10. brute-

brute-

This looks super fun to play. Are there larger maps? The concept reminds me of an old SNES game called Metal Warriors. Part of the fun was sitting on one side of the map, charge your energy cannon, and try to snipe the other person 3 screens away :). Countless hours of fun.
    Do you have any estimate for when a playable demo might be available?