Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Crashing in play mode when taking a snapshot

Discussion in 'Profiler Previews' started by unity_K6RE9Byo6N7pFg, Feb 22, 2019.

1. unity_K6RE9Byo6N7pFg

unity_K6RE9Byo6N7pFg

Hi guys,
    Unity 2018.3.6.f1 here. I was trying to take a memory snapshot and it's working if I am not playing the game in the editor or if I am playing on the device.
    If I play in the editor it crashes. I also tried with play and pause the game then take the snapshot, same result.

The versions I tried are 0.1.0.preview4 and preview5.

Cheers

2. MartinTilo

MartinTilo

Unity Technologies

Hi there,

does this reproduce reliably? We're not aware of any reliable crashes in Preview5 besides OutOfMemory crashes. Could you maybe provide us with the callstack? And if this is not an OutOfMemory crash, please also report a bug through the bultin bugreporter tool (when you crash, it should ask you to report it as a bug so you can also use that prompt).

If you already reported a bug or once you do, please post the Bug ID No. to this thread so we can easily track it down :)

That said, you seem to be able to get the most relevant snapshots already. We do not recommend looking at profiling data of the play-mode player for anything else than preliminary checks during rapid iteration on an issue discovered while profiling on device. So we do want to support that workflow but it does come with quite some caveats.

Some additionally relevant info: what scripting run -time version are you using and does it still crash if you switch it.