Search Unity

CRASHES Unity with: Curl error 56: Receiving data failed with unitytls error code 1048578

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by pashok77007, Dec 16, 2019.

1. AtomR

AtomR

Was the same thing for me. Added a 2d box collider on a sprite and the error appeared. Unchecked the collider component and it went away. Checked it again and the error didn't come back.

2. FrozenTrident

FrozenTrident

yup same for me the error code 1048578 keeps poping up dont know what to do everything is up to date

3. unity_3880009

unity_3880009

It happens when ads blocked on the DNS level. This error appeared to me, when I had ads filtering turned on.

4. nasos_333

nasos_333

Same code here, working in Unity 2019.2 and HDRP and comes up randomly

5. talofen

talofen

2019.3.3f1 still have the error randomly spawning in the console.

6. Aurimas-Cernius

Aurimas-Cernius

Unity Technologies

The bug on Unity side should be fixed. The error that you see now are indication of actual network request failures in your project, such as UnityWebRequest performed either by your code or one of the plugins.

masterton and Sab_Rango like this.
  7. Starbox

Starbox

The error started to appear after I added some sound files to my Assets folder and created some folder from within Unity, then moved these sound files and older ones around these subfolders.
    I reimported these files but the problem remained. However, when I went into the Game Objects that had references to these assets and I put none and reset them with the same references, problem went away.
    I'm on Unity 2.15f1 by the way.

Sab_Rango likes this.
  8. kaleem46

kaleem46

Yes Exactly This is Internet disconnection error, when any request is in process and Editor can't reach Wifi, this error pops up.

9. Tarrag

Tarrag

Curl error 56: Receiving data failed with unitytls error code 1048578
    Unity 2019.3.0f5, pc mac linux standalone build settings.
    Occurs at editor when I've switched off connection via switch before pressing Play, I then press play and reconnect, game is trying to reach a connection at play. Maybe unity takes longer to reconnect hence the error. I need to restart editor to get it working again. If I restart the player on editor and try again it works, probably cos the switch was reconnected for sometime then.

Can also repro: switch off internet access. Reconnect after 2 min. 30 secs later press play on unity editor with script that fires unitywebrequest. Curl error shows. Stop editor. Play again and it works fine.

Last edited: May 12, 2020
  10. novaVision

novaVision

Same happens on 2019.3.13, Mac editor, iOS/Android target platforms. Started to appear after enabling IAP.

11. dariony

dariony

Same happening in 2019.4.4 - when using GUA analytics from the asset store if that helps

12. Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous

Unity 2019.4.10f1

13. ProgrammingWhileSleeping

ProgrammingWhileSleeping

Hi Tarrag, I might have the same situation as you. Were you able to solve this problem? On my end though, just leaving the game running for around 5 minutes without any network requests causes the next network request to fail with the Curl error 56: Receiving data failed with unitytls error code 1048578

14. wanfei

wanfei

Hi ProgrammingWhileSleeping.Have you solved it

15. nicoferraro

nicoferraro

Damn, this worked for me

16. Starbox

Starbox

Got the same crashing error in the mobile app project for Android. I was running the game but then internet got cut for a prolongated time and this happened.
    Unity 2019.4.17f1.
    I already had this problem before. Why u so bad on me Unity? :X

Last edited: Jan 24, 2021
  17. Aurimas-Cernius

Aurimas-Cernius

Unity Technologies

This crash is Editor specific. It must be something else on Android.
    Are you looping and retrying request if it failed?

18. Starbox

Starbox

It only crashed in the Editor, not on phone (but my project is for Android). Of course with Unity being WYSIWYG, it can make one a little nervous to have this happen at runtime. Nothing like that happened with the APK though.

19. dpharaoh

dpharaoh

Came here because I am getting random crashes on deployed app, and this is showing up in the log as the first item. Will try adding a heartbeat, I'm using web sockets and lots of http calls (via BestHTTP). Going to monitor the situation a bit, see if adding a heartbeat helps.

tayfundoker likes this.
  20. tayfundoker

tayfundoker

We are getting the same error on our builds. dpharaod, did you solve this issue?

21. keyboardingkidzwebedition

keyboardingkidzwebedition

Curl error 52: Empty reply from server

Having the above errors when I hit the login button that accesses DB data via UnityWebRequest.

A day ago, everything was working perfectly fine but now this error is blocking my app functionality.
    Please guide how to fix it...
    It's Unity 2019.3.7f1

22. keyboardingkidzwebedition

keyboardingkidzwebedition

Did proxy settings resolve the issue?

23. stu_dious

stu_dious

I get this error while using NordVPN. Disabling it fixes the problem.
    "Curl error 56: Receiving data failed with unitytls error code 1048578".
    I've previously had to disable it as it kept crashing Unity but that issue appeared to have been resolved in vpn update.

24. Smokedsalmo

Smokedsalmo

It happens when you are not properly connected to the internet, for me at least

25. dan_ginovker

dan_ginovker

Seen it happen numerous times over the my 1+ years using Unity, different projects and devices. Usually seems related to the internet having a blip, never caused me any issues though. Was curious and Google'd it today which led me here.

Might be easier for us to pinpoint if it comes with a stacktrace or more info

26. ExobotsDeveloper

ExobotsDeveloper

i recived some error when throw http post petition with unity api.