Search Unity

Bug Crashes (2021.2.5f1)

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by whitexroft, Feb 17, 2022.

1. whitexroft

whitexroft

Our QA is reporting a series of crashes that is blocking them to playtest the game properly.
    Issue is that though I cannot reproduce it on my machine, it is somewhat random, but connected to a place in the game. One playtester has a very high propability of getting it, when others have it lower, but I am not getting it at all, no matter how much I try.
    Oddly enough it has also started only recently, even though there hasnt been any physics related changes to the project. At least not that I can see. We have ObiRope plugin included, that has a bunch of jobs running, that shouldnt somehow interfere with physics.
    I also tried switching from Automatic Box Pruning algorithm to Sweep and Prune, but the QA is giving me the same crash dumps with calling into "ABP".
    There is also this ticket:
    https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/is...d-angular-x-drive-position-spring-is-not-zero
    At the spot of the crash there actually are a bunch of ConfigJoints. There are though other crash spots, where there is non of these. And the workaround doesnt seem to help anyway.

Code (CSharp):
    2.    UnityPlayer.dll!internalABP::BoxManager::prepareData(class physx::Cm::RadixSortBuffered &,struct internalABP::ABP_Object *,unsigned int,class internalABP::ABP_MM &)  
    3.     UnityPlayer.dll!internalABP::ABP::Region_prepareOverlaps(void)  
    4.     UnityPlayer.dll!physx::Bp::BroadPhaseABP::update(unsigned int,class physx::PxcScratchAllocator *,class physx::Bp::BroadPhaseUpdateData const &,class physx::PxBaseTask *,class physx::PxBaseTask *)  
    5.     UnityPlayer.dll!physx::Bp::AABBManager::finalizeUpdate(unsigned int,class physx::PxcScratchAllocator *,class physx::PxBaseTask *,class physx::PxBaseTask *)    
    6.     UnityPlayer.dll!physx::Bp::FinalizeUpdateTask::runInternal(void)    
    7.     UnityPlayer.dll!physx::Cm::BaseTask::run(void)    
    9.     UnityPlayer.dll!PhysxJobFunc()    
    10.     UnityPlayer.dll!JobQueue::Exec(struct JobInfo *,__int64,int,bool)    
    11.     UnityPlayer.dll!JobQueue::ExecuteJobFromHighPriorityStack(bool)    
    12.     UnityPlayer.dll!JobQueue::ExecuteOneJob(void)    
    13.     UnityPlayer.dll!CompletionTask::ProcessAllPhysicsTasks(void)    
    14.     UnityPlayer.dll!PhysicsManager::Simulate(int,float)    
    15.         UnityPlayer.dll!`PhysicsManager::InitializeClass'::`2'::FixedUpdatePhysicsFixedUpdateRegistrator::Forward()    
    16.     UnityPlayer.dll!ExecutePlayerLoop(struct NativePlayerLoopSystem *)    
    17.     UnityPlayer.dll!ExecutePlayerLoop(struct NativePlayerLoopSystem *)    
    18.     UnityPlayer.dll!PlayerLoop(void)    
    19.     UnityPlayer.dll!PerformMainLoop()    
    20.     UnityPlayer.dll!MainMessageLoop()    
    21.     UnityPlayer.dll!UnityMainImpl(struct HINSTANCE__ *,struct HINSTANCE__ *,wchar_t *,int)    
    22.     UnityPlayer.dll!UnityMain()    

Attached Files: