Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Crash when Virtual Reality is enabled and the scene has Terrain in it.

Discussion in '2019.3 Beta' started by VR_Unity_Account, Oct 3, 2019.

1. VR_Unity_Account

VR_Unity_Account

This error is very easy to reproduce:
    1. Start a new 2019.3.0b4 project with all of the default settings
    2. Go into the Player Settings and click "Virtual Reality Enabled." It will then install a few packages.
    3. Hit play here to ensure that VR is working and you can look through your headset, it's tracking, etc.
    4. Stop playing and add a terrain to your scene. No need to modify it whatsoever. Just add a terrain.
    5. Hit play.
    6. Crash.
    Any assistance would be grand.

upload_2019-10-3_16-45-45.png

2. Baste

Baste

Create a bug report with the bug reporter.

3. KospY

KospY

I already filled a bug report for this, they replied that they managed to reproduce it and given me a case number : 1188298.
    However I don't know where I can find progress, searching this number on the issue tracker give me nothing?

4. Baste

Baste

The first email you get about the bug (not the one about "we could repro it") but the one about "we got your bug" has a link to it's info on fogbugz. It usually doesn't say anything more than what you already know.

You could ask them about making it public on the issue tracker - though that usually happens automatically once it's been processed.

5. KospY

KospY

I didn't received this mail, and I also checked my spam folder.
    I don't think I received a fogbugz link each time I sent a bug report.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2019
  6. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

Thanks for the report!

You can use these IDs to search the issue tracker directly: https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/product/unity/issues/guid/1188298/

It will show up there a couple of hours after the issue has been set to public, which is supposed to happen when QA was able to verify it.

It should be part of the same email conversation as the reply you received. When QA send you an email that they were able to reproduce the issue, they reply to the conversation started by that initial automatic confirmation email.
    If you don't, that's a bug.

FYI, you can see the history of all your previous bug reports if you follow any of the fogbugz links you received about your cases. That's also why you should never share those links on the forum.

ROBYER1 likes this.
  7. jlalone

jlalone

Is this only going to be fixed for the hdrp package? It is marked a duplicate of a fixed issue that only refers to a package version. It still crashes with the standard render pipeline in 2018.4.15f1.

8. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

The fix applies to all render pipelines. It hasn't been backported to 2018.4 yet but that is in process.

9. kanda76

kanda76

Hello,

Same issue here with Unity 2018.4.15f1...

10. vrcadcraft

vrcadcraft

I have the same issue in 2018.4.15f1, hope it will be fixed soon.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2020
  11. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

The fix has been backported and will be released as part of 2018.4.17f1

12. MariusHendriks

MariusHendriks

I might have found a fix. I put my settings of the terrain on 'draw instanced' and i t doesn't seem to crash anymore. Hope this helps.

13. GameDevMunk

GameDevMunk

This seems to be an ongoing problem. Any I've recently filed a ticket related to the same problem but I didn't have any objects inside of the scene except for the light and the camera.