Search Unity

Crash when Maximize on Play is set and a Canvas is in the scene

Discussion in 'Linux' started by Nanity, Apr 4, 2016.

1. Nanity

Nanity

The editor crashes with no plugins on a fresh project under certain conditions:

* Make sure that Maximize on Play is ticked
    * Check that there's a Canvas in the scene (here it has a standard button)
    * Then press Play and click inside the game view.

OS: Ubuntu 15.10 64 bit using the latest .deb installer using the latest available version 5.4.0b10
    Bug tracker: 785517

2. Tak

Tak

I can't reproduce the issue here, but I notice that in the editor log attached to the bug report, the crash is ~5 frames deep into the ATI driver from GLBuffer<>::Unmap(), so maybe a driver issue with glFlushMappedBufferRange or glUnmapBuffer?

Nanity likes this.
  3. Nanity

Nanity

I'm not too experienced with OpenGL, but it sounds very likely. I'm using a R9 270X ITX with the fglrx drivers. AMD got a bit sloppy with this driver ever since they announced AMDGPU (which aren't backported to this GPU generation).

I won't use the "maximum on play" feature then. When the radeon driver supports OpenGL 4.5, I'll upgrade the distribution along with the drivers and will report back if the bug still persists.

4. Nanity

Nanity

The bug does not occur on Ubuntu 16.04 with the native Mesa Radeon drivers. So definitely a driver bug.

As an unrelated sidenote, the editor seems to run with a deprecated OpenGL 2.1 profile as hinted in the title bar.