Search Unity

Crash When Baking Huge Scene With Progressive Gpu Lightmapper

Discussion in 'Global Illumination' started by AlperGonen, Apr 10, 2019.

1. AlperGonen

AlperGonen

Hi, I am finally at the end of developing my game for 3,5 years and I am trying to bake the GI. My scene is huge and enlighten and progressive cpu couldn't render the scene. I am trying the progressive GPU lightmapper, it looks very fast because "preparing bake" step is a lot faster than progressive CPU. But, after that when it comes to baking it shows occupied texels, 158.4k something, and then Unity crashes. I am attaching the error log. It looks like there is something wrong with RadeonRays.dll but I couldn't find any solution and the sooner I bake the lighting sooner I can publish my game. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. kristijonas_unity

kristijonas_unity

Unity Technologies

Which Unity version are you using? Older Unity versions suffered from OpenCL issues when using the GPU lightmapper, but that is no longer the case in the latest alpha builds.

Also, keep in mind that GPU lightmapper is still a preview feature, and we don't encourage to use that for production purposes. CPU lightmapper is more stable at this point, and we'd recommend to use that instead. In addition, you will not need to worry about GPU memory, if you happen to bake large scenes.

3. AlperGonen

AlperGonen

I tried to bake in 2018.3.0, 2018.3.3 and 2019.1 but no luck. I tried all lightmappers, I increased the windows page file size to 512 gb but after some time (10-12 hours) unity crashes throwing out of memory error. I even re-installed windows. I tried launching editor with different graphic APIs, tried with Intel HD 630 and GTX 1050 graphic cards on my laptop.

4. kristijonas_unity

kristijonas_unity

Unity Technologies

In that case, please report a bug and post bug ID here in this thread. Thanks!

5. AlperGonen

AlperGonen

Ok, I am waiting for baking with progressive CPU it will take a couple of days hopefully. I will send a bug report after that.