Search Unity

Crash, Splash with EP and 3.0

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by mia, Jun 19, 2009.

1. mia

mia

My app crashes with EP and 3.0 (Im building for 2.2.1) so I commented out the second splash screen and now it works - except the one splash screen I'm now using only appears on screen for a split second before vanishing.. then it's black screen until my app appears.

Anyone know the correct codeage to not use a second splash screen -but- have the original remain for a little longer?

2. bliprob

bliprob

I think in 3.0 you can only have the splash screen up longer by displaying it in a window (what the EP does). I'm pretty sure ReJ fixed this, are you using the very latest Unity build?

BTW I'm told that using the Default.png as a splash screen is no longer viable with the iPhone 3G S -- the Default.png is displayed for a very short time.

3. mia

mia

I'm using the latest of everything from the OS right down to Unity 1.0.3 and EP still hangs if I dont comment out 2nd splash screen code.

Using Default.png is no longer viable? What are we supposed to use?

4. bike

bike

I have the exact same issue but thought it was just b/c my app is a speed demon :twisted: anway i think he means dont rely on Default png rather have your app display something as well. With 3GS things will load faster.

5. Gaspedal

Gaspedal

hmm, no problems here with second splash screen on iPod 1G, 2G iPhone 3G and EP on OS 3.0. And my game is very big >60 MB.
    But some small bugs in coding, could crashing the start of game after displaying the splash screen. I have yesterday forget to convert a int to string and after displaying of splash screen the game is crashed. But in editor has it worked.
    And search my bug reports about unity.

Try to add a empty scene for load as first.

6. bliprob

bliprob

GUI Texture in your first level? Or maybe the Enhancement pack?

This is just what someone at WWDC told me. They said that apps launch so quickly the Default.ong ends up being shown very briefly. You may recall that Apple's docs specifically state that the Default.png should not be used for splash screens, but clearly Apple has let that one slide (yay! developers won once!)

7. Dreamora

Dreamora

Hope you can solve it, cause the EP is just great :)

8. mia

mia

Added an empty scene for startup and everything works fine! love that cross fade effect.. Thanks All.