Search Unity

Question Crash reports not showing up, only exceptions

Discussion in 'Unity Cloud Diagnostics' started by modestfool, Aug 11, 2022.

1. modestfool

modestfool

I've been using Cloud Diagnostics for a couple weeks but I can't get any crash reports, only exceptions. Apple is saying we're getting 60 crashes in the last month but none are being shown in Unity. I tried forcing a crash with a force crash (https://docs.unity3d.com/2020.1/Documentation/ScriptReference/Diagnostics.Utils.ForceCrash.html) which crashed my Xcode build but didn't show in Cloud Diagnostics. Am I doing something wrong?

I should also say I've been trying to crash it on iOS but can't recreate a crash unless I code it in on purpose.

Thanks,
    Jonathan

2. bob_liu

bob_liu

Any update? We have the same problem!!!

3. ValeryNikulina

ValeryNikulina

Unity Technologies

Hi everyone!

I'm very sorry for the delay in our response here. I've looked through our internal conversations and found out that this bug's been reported before and will be investigated by the dev team further.

Could you please let me know the Unity versions you're using so that I could try to reproduce it with those versions and pass it to the dev team? Thanks!

4. Iskander_Bugallo

Iskander_Bugallo

Hello @ValeryNikulina !

I don't know if the dev team is still investigating this, but my team is having a similar issue: we get Exceptions but not some of the Crashes in the Unity Diagnostics dashboard when we call ForceCrash (Pure Virtual Function category seems to report it, but no luck with the others). We are currently using Unity 2021.2.11f1.

Thank you in advance =)

5. cgilbers-beecot

cgilbers-beecot

Hi, we are having the same problem in Unity 2021.3.12f1 for iOS. Only exceptions are showing up, but crashes are not. Is the dev team still working on this? Is there a bug page that we can follow? Thanks!

6. bamboounity

bamboounity

Sam here, both 2021.3 and 2020.3

7. MergeVR

MergeVR

Application.ForceCrash() still works in 2022 LTS

8. VoltaDev

VoltaDev

Any news on this? Not seeing this work in 2022.2 or 3