Search Unity

Crash on rendering with MeshInstanceRenderer after upgrade to 2019.1.0a13

Discussion in 'Graphics for ECS' started by Loofou, Jan 5, 2019.

1. Loofou

Loofou

Hello,

I am currently working on a prototype project using all the new (experimental) features Unity has to offer (ECS, Jobs, LWRP). Everything worked fine from 2018.2 all the way to 2019.1.0a12. But now in 2019.1.0a13 the editor is crashing when I try to render entities using the MeshInstanceRenderer in pure ECS.

I checked the changelogs but couldn't find any specific reason for this to happen.

Did anything specific change in the way the entities have to be set up? I can share the project without problems, but it's gotten rather big for a general bug report (2+GB, takes forever to pack...).

Thanks for all the help!

loofou

Attached Files:

learc83 likes this.
  2. Loofou

Loofou

This is still happening in the latest alpha and latest entities + hybrid rendering packages. The moment I try to render a single instanced mesh, the editor crashes. Any help would be much appreciated. If a project is needed, I can take the time to upload mine (it's a really easy reproduction step). Right now this is basically blocking me from working completely.

3. thelebaron

thelebaron

Last edited: Jan 24, 2019
  4. Loofou

Loofou

Thank you, I didn't know about the stripping tools. Will try those today and see how long it takes to upload with only the most necessary assets.

Edit:
    I submitted a stripped-down repro project. There are now two tickets referring to this crash: 1114747_qe1pb22o84q07fmf and the new 1120672_54qg9h9u233u93u1 with the repro project. The repro steps are super simple and it crashes 100%, so it should be very easy to reproduce.

Hope this gets fixed soon, so I can continue working :) Thanks for the help, thelebaron and thanks to whoever will fix this crash!

Last edited: Jan 25, 2019
    Peter77 likes this.