Search Unity

Crash on launch (Unity 5.1 + iOS + IL2CPP)

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by Tuni, Jun 10, 2015.

1. Tuni

Tuni

Hi,

our iOS app is crashing at launch when using the built in analytics plugin with Unity 5.1. We switched from 5.0.2 with the manual installed analytics plugin. I changed the code based on the integration tutorial on the analytics site and removed the old analytics plugin.

If I delete all the analytics code and remove the cloud project id from the player settings everything is working fine. I can reproduce the crash on an empty project.

We are testing on iOS 8 devices with the latest non beta release of Xcode. There are no problems with builts on any other platform. The app doesn't crash if we switch back from IL2CPP to Mono.

Edit: Link to our test project. You must add your cloud project id:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6ivhn9gq6l6o7bn/Test01.zip?dl=0

Best

Tim

2. David-Berger

David-Berger

Unity Technologies

This is a IL2CPP bug, probably related to stripping. :oops: Which version of 5.1 do you use? Would it be possible for you to report this as a bug with a minimal reproducible and the steps on how to reproduce it? You can also link this thread in the description! Once reported just post the numbers here so we don't miss it! We will have a look and if there is a temp. workaround until the issue is fixed I'll post it here. :)

3. angeloferro

angeloferro

Hi @Tuni - our team is aware of the issue and we're working on a fix. We'll try to push out a fix in the next patch update of 5.1 (hopefully next week). If the meantime, we do have a workaround here.

Thanks for your patience and sorry for the inconvenience!
    -Angelo

rohschinken likes this.
  4. rohschinken

rohschinken

I also struggled with this bug for the last two days, so thanks for this hotfix. It indeed resolves the issue for me.

5. Mint-Mobile

Mint-Mobile

Unity 5.3.2 ios crash on startup - arm64. On iPad 3 all work ok, but on iPad Air, iphone 5, 5s, 6, 6s didn't work

6. Cecilie

Cecilie

Unity Technologies

Hello there
    @Mint Mobile I need a little more info before being able to help you. Does it happen with all projects? Is there a log or error message anywhere? Does it crash with a message or simply shut down?

Thank you for your time!

7. grag0042

grag0042

I am having this same Issue with 5.3.2f1 and 5.3.2.p3 with IOS devices running ARM-64. This only occurs on a Second Unity Build of the project using 'BuildOptions.AcceptExternalModificationsToPlayer' or Append of the xcode project.
    This error can be worked arround if you only with arm-7 support. Is there a fix for this or other work around that will allow me to Append to a project and keep ARM-64 for AppStore Submissions?

8. Cecilie

Cecilie

Unity Technologies

@grag0042 Just to be sure, this happens only when analytics is enabled or also without it? Thank you for your time!

9. Cecilie

Cecilie

Unity Technologies

Hi guys!
    We've been unable to reproduce this internally so far following the information we have from this thread. If continued problems are experienced please submit a bug and PM me the ID.

Thank you for your time!