Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Crash on android TransformVerticesInnerLoop

Discussion in '2019.3 Beta' started by lassade, Dec 3, 2019.

1. lassade

lassade

After a few seconds playing my game crashes, I included the crash log in the attachments.

I'm using 2D Animation, Burst, Jobs and Collections packages the last 2 ones are in preview. My guess this problem is been caused by the 2D Animation package, but I don't have a good way of testing if this is the case, because my bame rely heavly on it.

By the way I'm using 2019.3.0f1, but I tested with betas: 8, 9, 10, 11 and 12 they all have the same problem.

Any Ideas?

Attached Files:

2. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

It would be very helpful if you could supply us with a reproduction project for this issue. So far the team hasn't been able identify the cause of this crash.

3. lassade

lassade

I methodically switched off (one at the time):
    1. Universal RP (using the default renderer)
    2. SRP Batcher
    3. Dynamic Batcher
    4. Sprite Shape

None the above were the problem.

Only when I removed all the 2D animations (Sprite Skin) from the scene that I could sove the problem, but the thing is: I'm still not able to reproduce this issue using the 2D Samples, send the project to analysis sadly isn't possible.

@LeonhardP Could you mention anyone working on 2D animation package, to give a look at this issue? Any other ideas?

4. ChuanXin

ChuanXin

Unity Technologies

Hi, a reproduction project would be very helpful in pinpointing the issue as the logs do not give us much to work on.

Would it be possible to strip it down to the Sprites animated with SpriteSkin, or give us details about the Sprite usage, eg. Sprites in the SpriteRenderer with SpriteSkin are changed frequently or a custom shader with material is used.

Thanks!

5. lassade

lassade

I finally could replicate the crash (or some what similar crash) in a project that I can submit. Apparently the crash it caused by something to related with how the sprite (psb) + animations where made (My team used this same process in past games so I'm not sure what went wrong). I don't think it's something to do with the custom material but I included it anyway.

Thanks @ChuanXin your tips help me in create project that replicate the crash.

BTW the report number is 1203380

Peter77 likes this.
  6. Leo-Yaik

Leo-Yaik

Unity Technologies

Thanks! We will take a look.

7. yash_sg

yash_sg

We are facing the same crash with windows build. There are no FBX/models in assetbundle. The project extensively uses animation clips with sprite frames from assetbundle.

we are using Unity 2017.4.5f1

8. ChuanXin

ChuanXin

Unity Technologies

This is likely a different issue, since the 2D animation package in not available in 2017.4. Again, a reproduction project would be very helpful in pinpointing the issue, if you can provide one with the Unity Bug Reporter and post the case number here, that will be great!

9. Leo-Yaik

Leo-Yaik

Unity Technologies

Just a quick update. We found the issue and we are working on releaseing a fix in a week or 2.

richardkettlewell and lassade like this.
  10. lassade

lassade

Any Updates @Leo-Yaik?

Using 2019.2.17 and the respective downgraded packages works at least for now (didn't test mutch).
    The sprite skins didn't brake with the downgrade, but I loss a lot of fps since I'm stuck with LWRP (from ~130 to ~50 fps :eek:).

11. Leo-Yaik

Leo-Yaik

Unity Technologies

Hi, we are preparing for the package promotion it should be in any day now.

12. Leo-Yaik

Leo-Yaik

Unity Technologies

Hi, a new 2D Animation package should be available now (3.1.0) that should fix the issue. Do let us know if the problem still exist.

lassade and LeonhardP like this.
  13. liyefengwudi

liyefengwudi

• I have the same problem
    • Version for 2020.1.17f1c1
    • Sensory problems come from 2DAnimation
    • After I close Brust and Jobs,I don't Crash,
    • 2dAniamtion Version for 4.2.8

14. liyefengwudi

liyefengwudi

The following is the report of the retreat

Attached Files:

15. Leo-Yaik

Leo-Yaik

Unity Technologies

Could you help us verify if the crash still happens when you disable Multithreaded Rendering?

16. liyefengwudi

liyefengwudi

How do I turn this off on Windows platforms

17. liyefengwudi

liyefengwudi

I think it's to close Graphics Jobs,But I've already turned it off

18. Leo-Yaik

Leo-Yaik

Unity Technologies

19. darktemplar216

darktemplar216

Hi, Leo-Yaik, ChuanXin. This Crash "TransformVerticesInnerLoop" is really giving me hell on

Android
    Arm64
    Multi-thread rendering
    Unity: 2018.4.28f1
    With Arm64 and Multi-thread both enabled, otherwise it doesn't crash much

The way on my mind to solve this is to try 2018.4.36f1, which is the most recent LTS for 2018.
    But Issue Tracker
    https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/is...2-when-project-is-built-with-dynamic-batching
    is telling me it still happens on 2018.4.3f1.

It would be great if you guys could give me a hand. Is this problem already been solved in 2018.4.36f1 or can you guys tell me where to find a patch to fix it on 2018.4.28f1 ?

thanks

Last edited: Dec 29, 2021