Search Unity

Crash logging not working any more

Discussion in 'Unity Cloud Diagnostics' started by antti.svenn, Sep 15, 2015.

1. antti.svenn

antti.svenn

We noticed that our project hasn't been generating crash logs for the last three months. Reinstalling the Crashlog-plugin didn't help, neither did clearing the old crash database or creating a new project in the Perf cloud. Any ideas where to look for the problem? We're using Unity 5.2.0f3 at the moment and building for iOS using IL2CPP if that matters.

Screenshot 2015-09-15 13.24.39.png

2. Zilk

Zilk

I have the same issue. Also iOS doesn't seem to report crashes when run in fast but no exceptions either.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2015
  3. sebastiansgames

sebastiansgames

Is this working? I've gotten one crash report from running in editor, and zero from testing on iOS devices (i know there have been crashes-- i've witnessed some).

The silence on this forum is a little worrying. Is Unity performance still happening?

4. ortin

ortin

They advertised it quite heavily at Unite Boston but looking at activity of this forum it seems to be dead...

5. ChrisLundquist

ChrisLundquist

Unity Technologies

antti.svenn,
    If you're still having trouble with crash send me an email chrisl@unity3d.com

SebastianGames,
    Crash is still happening. Behind the scenes we've been working on infrastructure improvements to make things as efficient as possible.
    If crash isn't working on iOS that is definitely something I'd like to fix. If you have any details send them my way!

Chris Lundquist

6. sebastiansgames

sebastiansgames

Thanks for the reply, Chris-- I believe that I had my iOS build set to fast no exceptions-- I've read here that it only works with slow and safe builds. Any word on whether getting crash reports with fast no exceptions on iOS is forthcoming?

That would really be necessary to test crashes on published games in the hands of the public...

7. wcorwin

wcorwin

Looking in to this internally. Sorry it took so long to get back to you folks.

8. jasondena

jasondena

Fast with no exceptions not reporting makes sense, because the game won't fire exceptions. Reporting likely requires exceptions.

9. Zilk

Zilk

I noticed this too, however releasing a game in anything else than "Fast with no exceptions" is not possible. I understand that reports can't be sent after a crash but if a crash happened it would be nice if it was sent on the next session.