Search Unity

Crash in VideoPlayer / CalculateDeltaTime

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by tonemcbride, Dec 18, 2019.

1. tonemcbride

tonemcbride

Hi,

We have an app that works fine on PC/Mac and Android but crashes on the first scene on iOS (using Unity 2019.2.15f1). I've tried removing code until pretty much nothing is running but it still crashes in internal Unity code - specifically in PlayerLoop:VideoUpdate:CalculateDeltaTime. Nothing is happening in game scripts when it crashes and no videos are running so I'm at a bit of a loss.

I've attached a pic of the xCode crash, if anyone has any pointers as to what might be causing it that would be much appreciated!

Thanks Crash.png

2. tonemcbride

tonemcbride

If anyone else is having the same problem I fixed it by disabling 'strip engine code'.

tanico likes this.
  3. tanico

tanico

You just made my day. It turned out I had the same issue but it happens only randomly when the strip engine code is turned on. I have another project with the same settings and it works for some unknown reason.

4. tonemcbride

tonemcbride

No problem, it took me ages to track down so thought I'd post my solution. I think it may also be connected to the .NET setting too but I'm not sure how. The app that crashed for me was an old one that used ".NET 2.0 subset" rather than the more up to date .NET 4.0