Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Crash in unity 2017.2

Discussion in 'Android' started by ecarter, Oct 14, 2017.

1. ecarter

ecarter

hello, is there someone else that have a game crash when changin from untity 2017.1 to 2017.2?

I don`t have any change on the game, run perfectly on android when compiled in 2017.1, buy when compiled in 2017.2 the game crash after the main menu, andif i change the start scene the gae crash too.

how can i know what kind of error is if the game just crash in android, the profiler don't give e any info of it.

thanks

2. Wolfos

Wolfos

You can use logcat to find out which error it's throwing. Specifically the command
    Code (CSharp):
    1. adb logcat -s "Unity"
    If that doesn't show the issue, you can try running logcat without the arguments (-s "Unity") to view the entire log.

3. chmodseven

chmodseven

Yes, I upgraded today and my project immediately started crashing upon play. I hadn't changed any code.

After much experimenting, I found that it was the Unity Profiler causing the crash. I generally keep a tab docked with the Profiler open and it defaults to record on. When I closed this tab (or set record off) then the game ran normally. Turned it back on and boom, editor crashed to desktop again.

So if you've got a profiler tab open, see if closing that fixes your issue.

leni8ec likes this.
  4. reedny

reedny

Yes, my Daydream app runs OK in the PC Editor and on 2017.1, but crashes on 2017.2. Opened a Unity bug. Same results for both Moto and Pixel XL. It is a segv in logcat, happens every time in the same place.

5. MartijnIvory

MartijnIvory

Same problem here, on some projects