Search Unity

Crash : GLib-GObject-WARNING

Discussion in 'Linux Editor' started by lucas-quantum, Oct 20, 2015.

1. lucas-quantum

lucas-quantum

Hi evryone,

I'm having trouble building my scenes on headless ubuntu server using jenkins.
    I use the jenkins plugin for unity3d and the jenkins plugin for Xvfb.

Here are the commands I run :
    - /usr/bin//Xvfb :1 -screen 0 1024x768x24 -fbdir /var/lib/jenkins/xvfb-17-1410659581067869452.fbdir
    - /opt/Unity/Editor/Unity -projectPath /var/lib/jenkins/jobs/Scenes-Beta/workspace -quit -batchmode -nographics -logFile /dev/stdout -executeMethod BuilderScript.buildWindows

Everything is going smoothly during the import (I actually had some troubles importing sounds but it is fixed now), and after importing I get this message :

(process:25747): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: invalid (NULL) pointer instance
    (process:25747): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_signal_connect_data: assertion 'G_TYPE_CHECK_INSTANCE (instance)' failed
    (process:25747): Gtk-CRITICAL **: IA__gtk_window_add_accel_group: assertion 'GTK_IS_ACCEL_GROUP (accel_group)' failed
    (process:25747): Gtk-WARNING **: Screen for GtkWindow not set; you must always set
    a screen for a GtkWindow before using the window
    (process:25747): Gtk-WARNING **: Screen for GtkWindow not set; you must always set
    a screen for a GtkWindow before using the window
    (process:25747): Gdk-CRITICAL **: IA__gdk_screen_get_default_colormap: assertion 'GDK_IS_SCREEN (screen)' failed
    (process:25747): Gdk-CRITICAL **: IA__gdk_colormap_get_visual: assertion 'GDK_IS_COLORMAP (colormap)' failed
    (process:25747): Gdk-CRITICAL **: IA__gdk_screen_get_default_colormap: assertion 'GDK_IS_SCREEN (screen)' failed
    (process:25747): Gdk-CRITICAL **: IA__gdk_screen_get_root_window: assertion 'GDK_IS_SCREEN (screen)' failed
    (process:25747): Gdk-CRITICAL **: IA__gdk_screen_get_root_window: assertion 'GDK_IS_SCREEN (screen)' failed
    (process:25747): Gdk-CRITICAL **: IA__gdk_window_new: assertion 'GDK_IS_WINDOW (parent)' failed
    Receiving unhandled NULL exception

And here is the problem : I don't actually understand this error, I just understand it has something to do with display.
    I've tried :
    - Installing Gnome and activate gdm
    - Deactivating all dm
    - Removing all dm

If someone could give le at least some insight on that issue (what does it mean ? Is my Xvfb not working correctly ? Is it connected to display manager ?) it would greatly help.

Thanks,
    Lucas

2. lucas-quantum

lucas-quantum

Hi,

After running a load of tests, here is what I know :

- My problem is NOT linked to xvfb, when I run the same command in a ssh -X bash from my own computer, I get the exact same error message, even though when I run the editor alone the window are well forwarded to ssh (I can get splash screen, login license and project selector and if I load a project I get a dialog box telling me I need opengl 2.0 instead of 1.4)

- My problem is NOT linked to my building script if I run a standard build it does the same thing. I'm not too sure about that but it seems to me that Unity does the same in batch and gui mode ie (Init editor > import assets > open editor > build) and my problem seems to be at the open editor phase

- This stack trace seems to be a generic thing to GTK project, and it appears that it was linked for some case with compatibility conflicts with gtk lib between 2.0 and 3.0

The thing is I did not compile unity myself, so this compatibility problem seems irrelevant. Also, that stack trace doesn't give much information.

Anyway this is interesting because it is likely either that having no graphic card is not supported at all (then why -nographics option ?) or that is an actual bug in Unity.

After trying everything I think I'll just try to wine that S*** ;)
    If anyone has ideas though, I would be glad to hear it, even if it is just to understand the problem better.

Thanks,
    Lucas

Last edited: Oct 20, 2015
  3. Tak

Tak

Unity Technologies

You definitely need gtk 2 to run Unity.
    Nographics mode still requires X(and gtk) in the experimental Linux editor builds - however, some people have reportedly gotten it working via xvfb.

4. lucas-quantum

lucas-quantum

If you mean libgtk-2.0 it is in the declared dependency list and it is installed on my system.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2015