Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Graphics Crash: d3d12: could not create a pipeline state object

Discussion in '5.4 Beta' started by alexandre-fiset, Apr 7, 2016.

1. alexandre-fiset

alexandre-fiset

Hi,

I tried building with the new Graphic Jobs setting enabled and DX12 but I get 100% crash on three setups.
    • Surface Book running on HD 250
    • Surface Book running on Nvidia 940M
    • Desktop running on Nvidia GTX 960
    Message in the log is: Crash: d3d12: could not create a pipeline state object
    Also in the error log: nvwgf2umx.dll caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)
    in module nvwgf2umx.dll at 0033:a8e31def.

Problem is that I can't reproduce the issue on an empty project... Does anybody know what might be causing this?

(still working on pinpointing the problem, will come back here with more details)

Update 1: Definitely not linked to Graphic Jobs. So must be a DX12-specific issue. Now trying with a different startup scene.
    Update 2: Not scene specific. Crashes straight up at boot. Project is 30 gb in size, no way I can send this whole thing to Unity and expect them to download and open it...

Last edited: Apr 7, 2016
  2. TomasJ

TomasJ

Do you call WarmupAllShaders by any chance? If so, could you try without it?

3. alexandre-fiset

alexandre-fiset

No unless one plugin dll is calling it there shouldn't be anything calling WarmupAllShaders. This call actually caused 5 minutes scene loadings on Mac and Linux so we made sure to search and remove any usage of this method.

Does the "Preload Shaders" checkbox does this? I just unchecked it and started a build. Will see if that's the case.