Search Unity

Question Crash caused by burst job exception from Rigging.MultiAimConstraintJob

Discussion in 'Burst' started by SomeHumbleOnion, May 11, 2023.

1. SomeHumbleOnion

SomeHumbleOnion

Hi everyone!

I've received two different reports from some testers of mine about the game crashing when they load into a level and both have the same crash logs showing:

System.InvalidOperationException: The PropertyStreamHandle cannot be resolved.
    Thrown from job: UnityEngine.Animations.Rigging.MultiAimConstraintJob
    This Exception was thrown from a job compiled with Burst, which has limited exception support. Turn off burst (Jobs -> Burst -> Enable Compilation) to inspect full exceptions & stacktraces. In this standalone build configuration burst will now abort the Application.
    (Filename: Line: 572)

I've never worked with Unity's job system but I know a bit about it and what Burst does. I'm assuming this crash won't happen if I disable Burst, but I'm also afraid to do so since it optimizes jobs quite a lot. Is there a way to disable burst for this specific job only, so that I can keep using it for the others? And would that be the solution to this crash?

Thanks a bunch!

2. SomeHumbleOnion

SomeHumbleOnion

Sorry, I think I found my solution. I was able to comment out the [Unity.Burst.BurstCompile] from the MultiAimConstraintJob and I see it's greyed out in the Burst Inspector now. I've never been able to reproduce this crash myself, but hopefully this resolves it for other people.

3. Lee_Hammerton

Lee_Hammerton

Unity Technologies

This sounds like a bug in burst, do you have the crash log (callstack and exception code) from one of the testers you could share? ( I have a feeling its related to a bug that was recently fixed in cpu dispatch ).

4. SomeHumbleOnion

SomeHumbleOnion

Sure thing Lee! Here's the player log with the crash you can find at the bottom. I've got the crash.dmp file as well but can't seem to upload it here, would that help as well? If so i can maybe send a google drive link to it for that.

Attached Files:

5. Lee_Hammerton

Lee_Hammerton

Unity Technologies

Yes, please DM me the crash.dmp file. I`ll take a look in the morning.