Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Crash bug caused project (asset db?) corruption, reimport all crashes editor

Discussion in 'Unity 5 Pre-order Beta' started by terravires, Oct 29, 2014.

1. terravires

terravires

I've already filed two new bugs on this, 643510 and 643513, one for corrupted project and another for reimport all crash. But I was hoping someone here might have a solution to fix the problems.

I had my project from 4.6b21 working in 5.0b9, something caused the editor to crash. After that, every time I open the editor I get

Code (CSharp):
    1. Recursive Serialization is not supported. You can't dereference a PPtr while loading. (Constructors of C# classes may not load objects either eg. EditorGUIUtility.TextContent should be moved to OnEnable. See stacktrace.)
    2. UnityEditor.SpriteEditorWindow:.cctor()
    3. UnityEditorInternal.InternalEditorUtility:LoadSerializedFileAndForget(String)
    4. UnityEditor.WindowLayout:LoadWindowLayout(String, Boolean)
    7. NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    8. UnityEditor.EditorGUIUtility.Load (System.String filename, System.Type type) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/EditorGenerated/EditorGUIUtility.cs:431)
    9. UnityEditor.EditorGUIUtility.Load (System.String path) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/EditorGenerated/EditorGUIUtility.cs:421)
    10. UnityEditor.EditorGUIUtility.LoadGeneratedIconOrNormalIcon (System.String name) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/EditorGenerated/EditorGUIUtility.cs:155)
    11. UnityEditor.EditorGUIUtility.LoadIconForSkin (System.String name, Int32 skinIndex) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/EditorGenerated/EditorGUIUtility.cs:178)
    12. UnityEditor.EditorGUIUtility.TextContent (System.String name) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/EditorGenerated/EditorGUIUtility.cs:75)
    13. UnityEditor.SpriteEditorWindow..cctor ()
    14. Rethrow as TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for UnityEditor.SpriteEditorWindow
    15. UnityEditorInternal.InternalEditorUtility:LoadSerializedFileAndForget(String)
    16. UnityEditor.WindowLayout:LoadWindowLayout(String, Boolean)
    18. NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    19. UnityEditor.EditorGUIUtility.Load (System.String filename, System.Type type) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/EditorGenerated/EditorGUIUtility.cs:431)
    20. UnityEditor.EditorGUIUtility.Load (System.String path) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/EditorGenerated/EditorGUIUtility.cs:421)
    21. UnityEditor.EditorGUIUtility.LoadGeneratedIconOrNormalIcon (System.String name) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/EditorGenerated/EditorGUIUtility.cs:155)
    22. UnityEditor.EditorGUIUtility.LoadIconForSkin (System.String name, Int32 skinIndex) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/EditorGenerated/EditorGUIUtility.cs:178)
    23. UnityEditor.EditorGUIUtility.TextContent (System.String name) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/EditorGenerated/EditorGUIUtility.cs:75)
    24. UnityEditor.SpriteEditorWindow..cctor ()
    25. Rethrow as TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for UnityEditor.SpriteEditorWindow
    26. UnityEditorInternal.InternalEditorUtility:LoadSerializedFileAndForget(String)
    27. UnityEditor.WindowLayout:LoadWindowLayout(String, Boolean)
    I then tried to delete all assets in a backup copy version that had only an empty scene and NO assets. I still got those errors when starting unity. Then I tried deleting all library cache directories with no luck. A reimport all on the empty project worked. However, when I try that on the real project with 26k files / 4.5GB of data, it crashes the editor.

It appears to be a corrupted asset database, but I can't seem to rebuild. Anyone have advice here?