Search Unity

Crash Bandicoot 2012 - Legacy Demo!

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by SilverStorm, Apr 5, 2012.

1. SilverStorm

SilverStorm

Hey Guys I finally completed a demo and video for this game - the demo was uploaded due to high demand but thats there anyway - but you guys can check out the video and tell me what you think ! :p

Crash Bandicoot Legacy Demo : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Wx21ENAXtc

2. Duskling

Duskling

Don't get me wrong, I am a MASSIVE crash bandicoot fan. But this I am pretty sure is illegal. You can't make a sequel to another persons game without permission... I think it is legal as long as you don't sell it or monetize it in any way shape or form though, even with ads I believe.

3. kashhatton

kashhatton

I would say that it is actionable even if there is no monetization involved.
    At the very minimum, it is diluting the origin brand.

4. xalener

xalener

Well, no one got on the dude that was doing this on the cryengine.

5. Kaze_Senshi

Kaze_Senshi

Well, there is a lot of fan-games, the sonic and mario's fan games communities are strong. So if you are not going to sell it, I think there is no problem. But there are some cases that the owner of the game's copyright can ask to you stop the develepment of the game. For example like Sega did with the Bombergames that are doing an awesome Streets of Rage Remake.

About the game, I loved the relics. Now I am wanting to see Crash doing more movements, jumping and etc. And why is he blonde like Coco? :p