Search Unity

Bug crash after login

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by TheYulice, Jan 26, 2022.

1. TheYulice

TheYulice

So i recently got a new pc and tried to do modding for a game again
    I installed Unity (5.3.5f1 is necessary) and started it
    after putting my login data and press "login" it just crashes, no matter how many times i try

i tried:
    - restarting pc
    - reinstalling unity
    - run as admin
    - compatibility mode
    - allow unity in the firewall
    - disabling antivirus

win10 64bit home

Last edited: Mar 18, 2022
  2. bervatech

bervatech

Same issue in 2024, with Unity 5.3.4f1 (old project requires it). After an impossible slog of trying to repeatedly install Unity5 and the supported Android package via UnityHub (dont even try), and giving up, then installing it manually.. it wont even start, as before the Unity5 editor opens up, login pops up, and filling in the email and pass and clicking Login insta silently crashes the Editor. If i was to assume whats wrong, id have to guess an outdated login system that no longer works and unhandled exception during login. This all while the old Unity versions are still available for download on Unity Archive. Still remember the times Unity was not online only - good times. Oh and in case you wondered.. trying to launch a U5 project using a manually installed U5 through Hub also crashes during launch.
    PS tried 10+ other Unity5.x versions from the Archive, none of them work at all.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2024