Search Unity

Crappy Download Speed

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by Wrench1815, Jun 6, 2018.

1. Wrench1815

Wrench1815

Well Unity is advancing a lot these days. but it is not able to provide these advancements to its user. The Download speed is almost like a snail or maybe dying snail. unity what is the fun of developing your software if you can't even distribute it properly. Please crosscheck with your server provider to see what is the matter or maybe upgrade servers or even change the server provider. I suggest to must assign a team specially to this Department. It happens with unity download assistant, Unity Hub, direct downloading and even torrent also.
    and also fix that login issue please.

Thank You

2. TaleOf4Gamers

TaleOf4Gamers

Hey,

I have found that my download speed has been normal. Do you have an example or a screenshot of this disparity between your actual download speed and that of when you are using the Unity Hub?

EDIT: Just remembered that I dont think the Unity Hub shows download speed so you have to reference it from the Download Assistant.

3. Wrench1815

Wrench1815

Yup Unity Hub don't show download speed and download assistant was also providing slow speed so i tried Unity Hub a month ago and downloaded unity 2018.1 which took almost half a day. and now this pops up every 1 or 2 minute and i"m Unable to download Screenshot (54).png

Attached Files:

4. TaleOf4Gamers

TaleOf4Gamers

Could you upload the Unity Hub logs to Pastebin (or similar) and put the link here so it can be checked for any errors or issues.

Log path:
    %UserProfile%\AppData\Roaming\UnityHub\logs

5. Wrench1815

Wrench1815

6. TheUKDude

TheUKDude

I normally get my full connection speed when downloading Unity versions via the Hub Application.
    But I just checked a few hours ago and I was seeing drops in download speed when downloading the beta versions, the release versions were all fine, shown in the video below:

*** Video Removed ***
    But about 20 mins after I uploaded this video it started to download fine.

I forgot to ask what speed connection do you have and are you using Wired or Wi-Fi on your PC?
    I ask because I just downloaded the release version with all defaults selected along with Linux and WebGL and it only took about 45 seconds to download.

One thing that I keep getting on the Hub Application is it keeps saying there is a new version so I download it and then a week later it says there is an new version to download, but the new versions are older than the one I currently have installed, and this happens for both Beta and Release versions.

Paul

Last edited: Jun 9, 2018
  7. Wrench1815

Wrench1815

I tried both with wired and Wifi. On wifi it gets worse. so prefer wired on it I usually get 1 mbps on other downloads even i play online games very nicely but unity is having some problem sometimes even their site becomes unresponsive and won't open and sometimes there is an issue of signing in.
    for that hub update i haven't yet experienced such incident it is maybe a buggy release they pushed and then removed it maybe.

8. TheUKDude

TheUKDude

Are you saying your connection speed is 1 Mbps (i.e. 1 Megabit) if so that is why its taking forever to download, if you needed to download 4.5 GB on your 1 Mbps connection it would take at least 10 hours assuming you got the full 1 Mbps.

That's not Unity's servers at fault, its your connection that is slow.
    We use to be on a 4.5 Mbps connection and Unity took ages to download, but now on pure fibre it only takes around 45 seconds to download it.

This is the video that I did this morning when I first replied to you, it shows it working fine for the Release Versions and having issues with the Beta Versions.

Paul

Last edited: Jun 9, 2018
  9. JoyalZixx

JoyalZixx

Its still happening

Attached Files: