Search Unity

" Crafty "patching system for Unity projects.

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Deleted User, Sep 20, 2012.

1. CaptainMurphy

CaptainMurphy

Until this is stable I would request that he takes it down from the asset store for purchase. That or we will need to get a review up there that we can all vote to the top to show the issues that are currently present. Keep others from getting strung along for months waiting for an answer.

hopeful likes this.
  2. Lionard

Lionard

I will get access and update the asset store page my self to make sure everything is set up and clear to all buyers.

CaptainMurphy and hopeful like this.
  3. CaptainMurphy

CaptainMurphy

Whelp, there goes that idea.

4. launchpad

launchpad

This will be a real disappointment should this project fold. Crafty has been a reliable patch system for us for a 2 or 3 years now (specifically for Win based patches). Hopefully circumstances will improve for the developers, if not I for one would appreciate access to the source code to continue implementation, particularly into U5 and beyond.

J_P_ and hopeful like this.
  5. hopeful

hopeful

Crafty had an update in the asset store today, but only in the description:

Because of main developer private problems, project Crafty is currently on hold. It will resume its development shortly after programmers return.

J_P_ likes this.
  6. Mazak

Mazak

I am sorry the programmer has issues, heck we ALL have issues. Release the source code so the community can fix the project. Since your team has moved on please allow the rest of us to do also.

Junuxx likes this.
  7. Mazak

Mazak

I posted a one star review - I suggest we all do the same to warn others of the problems with the asset.

CaptainMurphy likes this.
  8. CaptainMurphy

CaptainMurphy

We also need to be voting up ("Is this helpful" - "Yes") on those reviews. Unfortunately someone is also downvoting them ("No") so they won't make it to the front page of the asset. Most people don't read any more than the first 3 high rated reviews.

9. truefx001

truefx001

10. CaptainMurphy

CaptainMurphy

I picked up MG the other day when it was on sale. Still have yet to try it though.

I contacted Unity Asset store and they said we have to get the developer to approve any refunds, regardless if they have disappeared, so yeah, we are out $50.

11. broadconn

broadconn

Does anyone know how to set up the config.json file? I tried contacting support but looks like the mail server is down.

12. Mazak

Mazak

Has anybody decompiled the dll and converted it to .NET?

13. J_P_

J_P_

I moved over to this asset: http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/mg-patcher-tools-new-version.312719/

Documentation is rough and some of the code needed cleaning up to fix some small bugs, but it's affordable and open source and actually works. With crafty, even small changes resulted in patches that were basically the size of the zipped full game -- with MGPatcher, tweaking a label's string results in an appropriately small patch (as small as 66KB, from my tests). Even has some nice features like being able to upload patches directly to your FTP automatically.

TechiTech, CaptainMurphy and hopeful like this.
  14. witcher112

witcher112

Please don't advertise here any other patchers here. I'm creator of one patcher available on Asset Store and I never advertised it in the other patcher's thread. And I'll say more - once I had pleasure to contact with Crafy/Patchie developers - they are really cool guys. That's why I never tried to compete with them. And again I beg you guys - don't advertise other patchers here.

15. TechiTech

TechiTech

Nice guys wouldn't do what they have done. would they? your asking us all not to do what you consider to be wrong but how wrong is it for them to take our money and run?

16. Mazak

Mazak

He was not advertising, he was sharing his experience. The Crafty guys walked away, we are trying to find a solution.

J_P_ and TechiTech like this.
  17. hopeful

hopeful

I don't think the Crafty guys were being bad. I think they suffered misfortune, which is a fairly common occurrence in life and business, and though it is frustrating for those of us who took a loss, we ought to also be capable of having sympathy for those who lost more than we did.

I appreciate the tips for us former customers to help get our patching needs met in the absence of Crafty.

witcher112's patching solution is DarkPatcher, and it has had some good reviews. If anyone formerly using Crafty has moved on to DarkPatcher, and if you have observations to share, please do so. But do it on his forum thread. ;)

18. Wasikuss

Wasikuss

Project Crafty is not dead. I don't want to go into the details of inactivity. The main reasons were problems of health and private affairs. I know that most of you are very annoyed on us. I think I'd be annoyed too, but I want to thank to developers who decided to stay ( no matter if it's due to loss of money or wasted time spent on integration with Crafty )

Mail service has been fixed couple weeks ago, but we haven't received any new emails. From 1st October I'll continue creating docs and issue tracker.

For those who don't know our mail yet: support@hexte.ch.

bjornrun and hopeful like this.
  19. TechiTech

TechiTech

I think you said a while ago that you would be making docs and tutorials. Now a lot of time has passed and nothing. So tell me are you spending 1 minute a week writing docs? I mean really .. how long does it take you to make docs? lets not make out this tool is so complex and huge that it requires thousands of hours to make a doc. lets NOT... I could do it in a weekend so why is it taking you months?

20. Wasikuss

Wasikuss

Docs is already placed in pdf, but after couple builds some functions are changed, deleted or added. Our mistake was making docs in pdf, because editing or generating new file breaks docs and makes it unreadable. Out goal is to make online docs with pdf export. Yes, it will take about couple of hours. In next weekend I'll publish it.

21. TechiTech

TechiTech

you see thats where you and i are very different. If I was in your shoes I wouldnt wait 7 days until you publish. I would do it now. I would use today as a day of work.. why because I would owe it to my customers for delaying things for so long. The problem I think you're having is you have become too used to delaying everything and thinking it's fine.

If I purchased something of you and kept delaying paying you, how would you feel. you would feel cheated...

Anyway I really dont want to be a prick here, but I really don't like the way people are happy to take money and deliver excuses instead of respect.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2015
  22. Wasikuss

Wasikuss

I don't have even one hour today and next week. As I wrote, I will continue working from 1st October. If I'll do docs quicker, then I won't wait and I will release it same day ( 4 day from now ).

23. CaptainMurphy

CaptainMurphy

If email is back up now, you have a refund request heading to your mailbox.

24. hopeful

hopeful

Welcome back, Wasikuss!

Hopefully Crafty can get back on its feet again. :)

25. Mazak

Mazak

Welcome back,

Documentation for code that does not work, does not help.

Please release the source code because we are not sure how long it will be before your next return.

26. Mazak

Mazak

Any news about the restart of development?

hopeful likes this.
  27. sELVEE

sELVEE

Hello @Wasikuss and hextech studios members, i have a problem with crafty/launchy. All is good but the problem is in last step of this - installing, there is an error:

http://wklej.org/id/1816154/

What should i do - i cant use or website support cause something is wrong :/

28. Mazak

Mazak

We are now 21 days since we were told development was starting back up. Can we assume you are working on the project?

29. Wasikuss

Wasikuss

Yes, we are not slowing down. Crafty documentation is almost ready. Next will be issue tracker.

30. Mazak

Mazak

Thank you.

What is the current state of the release? The last public version is 1.3.2

31. Wasikuss

Wasikuss

After we gather info about bugs, we will select most important and fix them. Then Crafty will be published to Assets Store.

hopeful likes this.
  32. Mazak

Mazak

Personally I would advise getting the software squared up first.
    Many of us have been on hold for many months.
    What do you need for an issue tracker?

33. Grimkeep

Grimkeep

Is their a way to make it skip update check if theirs no internet connection?

34. Wasikuss

Wasikuss

It will be added in next release. Issue#1

35. hopeful

hopeful

@Wasikuss - I can't access the Hextech website. Should I be able to?

36. Wasikuss

Wasikuss

@sELVEE,
    This bug will be fixed in next release. Issue#2

@hopeful,
    Site is almost done and will be published with online documentation for Crafty.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2015
    hopeful likes this.
  37. Mazak

Mazak

Awesome, thanks Wasikuss.

When do you think we can get a version so we can help you generate some issues?

38. Barry100

Barry100

@Wasikuss hey guys just started using crafty again (forgot I had it tbh). Is it working ok with unity 5? I tried it and seems ok but the game keeps trying to patch over and over. It launches, patches, auto launches again then tries to patch the same patch again.. Not used it for months so I might be doing something wrong!

39. Wasikuss

Wasikuss

@Barry100, Please report bug using http://issuetracker.hexte.ch . Use account from http://penkura.com ( take 2 attempts, because first login will create account and fail ). Before submitting new issue make sure you have Crafty beta from our site. Error log should be created in [tmp]/Crafty/[game_name]/crafty_error.txt

40. alteregogi

alteregogi

interesting plugin, is there any ETA for mobile support ? thanks!

41. Mazak

Mazak

What is the status of the project?

We are now two months from your restart date and the last software update was June

Crafty 1.4.0 b7 - updated on 2015-05-06 09:00 UTC

Again I request you release the source code, that way at least we can make it work with our projects.

I have sent six requests for a refund, with not a single reply

truefx001 and CaptainMurphy like this.
  42. CaptainMurphy

CaptainMurphy

Same thing I have done with no response. Seriously unprofessional.

Mazak likes this.
  43. Mazak

Mazak

Here we are again, another two weeks have passed.

Either release the source or refund my money.

CaptainMurphy likes this.
  44. thed-venth

thed-venth

is it work in android?

45. hopeful

hopeful

This project appears to be dead. Best to look at one of the other patching tools.

46. Mazak

Mazak

This project is completely dead. Move along

Junuxx likes this.
  47. recon0303

recon0303

Finally, they took it off the store...... should have been a long time ago, I stopped using it due to no updates,, and it never worked anyways......and was always ignored.... looks like everyone else as well... Unity, would be good to look into assets like this, that pull this nonsense... not fair to customers.....

CaptainMurphy, hopeful and Mazak like this.
  48. EvoPulseGaming

EvoPulseGaming

Since Penkura has just recently released, and we just got a negative review because of crafty, I'd like to make a request to the moderator of this forum:

Lionard was only the translator and host of the crafty project because the developer created this system for the game. This is no longer true since a LONG time. When that developer left Penkura, he revoked permission to use his work. At this point Penkura was re-built from scratch. When he revoked his permission, he was supposed to remove all references to Penkura from the public. He does NOT have permission. The Penkura name, logo, links and all images associated with Penkura are no longer a part of the OP's work domain.

Hell, we aren't even on the same engine anymore (no fault to unity, but Lionard was only an artist, not a c++ programmer)

Please lock this thread and remove said content from the original post.

While I understand what loosing 50$ feels like, I ask that this frustration does not pour into Penkura itself. PLEASE understand that those who are working on the re-made penkura had to start over just as much as you guys did!

(12/25/18 Just got hit with another user suggesting we stole the game code and are the authors of crafty)

We both also ask that the Developer releases the source code, so the community can repair it to a working state

Last edited: Dec 25, 2018
  49. Mazak

Mazak

I am sorry, but crafty was associated with Penkura, I am not sure there is anything you can do about the issue. Change the name and websites would be my only suggestion.

50. EvoPulseGaming

EvoPulseGaming

I'm glad that people are aware it was just an association. And I'd like to point out the creater of this deleted his account while the penkura owner did not. (Just scroll up).

Things are starting to get better. And I apologize for those of you who got ripped off.

With this, im slightly confused, someone posted at the top of this page, that this was working well for 2 or 3 years.... So apart from the most recent buyers, most were treated right. It should have been taken down before support ended.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2019